Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose - to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Project Manager
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Department: Product Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced
Sector: Financial Services
Reports to: Lead Software Project Manager
- Our purpose at Paga is to make it simple for 1 billion people to access and use money. We do that by delivering innovative financial services to the mass market across large, underserved markets.
- At Paga we value above all else, Collaboration, Ownership, Results Orientation Integrity and Innovation (CORII).
- Product development activities at Paga fall within the Product Development group, which has distinct, full-stack (from a resource perspective) teams dedicated to different functional organization unit in the company. For example, one of the functional teams in the Product Development team is the Agent Network Team which is responsible for development and delivery of products used by the large network of financial service delivery point (agents), across the countries where Paga exists. As a full-stack team, this team includes project management, product management, software and database engineering, quality assurance, and UI/UX/Product-Design resources. All teams execute product development using agile (Scrum) methodologies.
- Project managers are responsible for the successful delivery of projects, on time and within budget. They assume responsibility for projects following the contracting stage and manage a team to successfully deliver the agreed upon project scope.
- The successful project manager is one to whom management feels comfortable delegating projects. This means that the project manager takes responsibility for broadly defined projects and is able to successfully manage their implementation on time and within budget. Strong project managers will communicate well and often with team members and management, making sure to highlight any issues or problems as they arise. Project managers are able to breakdown and plan work prior for the purposes of contracting and costing.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Breaks down projects into reasonable subsets of work and activities
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Consistently follows up on progress, issues and activities
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Uses consistent methodology to manage projects
Job performance measurements:
- Successfully leads development teams in delivering requirements to clients on time, within budget and meeting quality standards
- Follows up issues to resolution
- Follows a consistent methodology
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation that are well designed, thorough and error free
- Successfully manages the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Manages team members effectively
- Strong problems solving skills to remove barriers to progress and productivity.
- Communicates confidently and effectively both within Paga and with external clients.
- Demonstrates professionalism at the workplace including but not limited to timeliness to work, personal hygiene and appearance, meeting commitments and communication.
Requirements, Knowledge And Skill
- A degree in a related discipline
- Prior experience working in this field.
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC
- Experience: 3+ years software project manager experience
The following skills are required of the position:
- Educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science, computer engineering, software project management, or engineering
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of productivity software such as MS Office
- Highly professional and well presented
- Recognized project management certification is a plus.
- Experience of managing software development teams is beneficial
- Knowledge of Scrum and Kanban agile development methodologies is a plus
- Previous experience with test driven development practices (TDD).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.