Myrtle Management Consultants Limited - Our client is a logistics company professionally supporting its clients timely, efficiently, securely, affordably, and professionally with supply chain management solutions to support their project, contract, e-commerce, onsite logistics.
Their goal is to be the known for a renowned customer service delivery in the business and to develop and maintain a best -in -class infrastructure to ensure employee satisfaction, which drives customer loyalty leading to sustained profit growth and creating improved company value. Located in the heart of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State with the vision to cover the South- South region, they seek to hire a professional and young Logistics Coordinator to join their growing team and promote their business goals and objectives.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Location: Port Harcourt Refinery / Abuloma, Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job type: Full-time
- Plan warehouses and distribution for efficiency in both operations and capacity
- Organize transportation activities, including storage of goods, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for services as necessary
- Coordinate and track movement of goods through logistic pathways and platforms
- Execute logistics plan to move products and packages to reach destinations on schedule
- Review freight rates and other transportation costs to keep working costs low
- Maintains quality throughout the logistic processes
- Use specialist knowledge, such as mechanical-handling systems, to provide support with the repairs of the assets and delivery tools.
- Collaborating with maintenance partner to ensure timely and accurate repairs of bikes
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and other Political, Economic, Social, Technology, Legal and Environmental pressures, and influences
- Implement health and safety procedures
- Manage field staff training issues in addition manage the riders and bikes
- Set field team objectives, plan, and manage projects
- Develop and execute logistics support policy and processes
- Develop reports on material and personnel movements and various operational logistics problems.
- Assure a proper management and record keeping
- Manage all warehouses and supervise the movements of the warehouse (inbound/outbound)
- Prepare the logistics movement weekly reports
- Oversee customer-based queues and plan and allocate tasks to meet requirements
- Ensure materials are appropriately stored
- Collaboratively work with Customer Service to program the final inventory of materials prior to shipment
- Carry out annual property inventory and provide other report in his area of responsibility
- Perform other duties as and when assigned by the supervisor
- 2- 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- B.Sc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Experience working for logistics company and or industry is a preferred
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Quality management skills
- Works well with deadlines and having good time-management skills
- Knowledge of logistics systems,
- Understanding of transportation limitations and regulations
- Ability to contribute individually to greater goal
- Planning skills
- Understanding of transportation issues
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills
- Fluent in English
- Impeccable writing skills
The remuneration is competitive along with other benefits (HMO, Pension).
Application Closing Date
18th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candiates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.