George Houston Resources Limited (GHR) - Our client, an Information Technology Solutions Provider and Systems Integrator operating with head office in Lagos, Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Position Type: Full Time
- The Systems Engineer also renders professional services & can also be referred to as a Field Support Engineer (FSE).
- He/she would be responsible for managing Citrix/VMware environment, from design through implementation and support.
- The System Engineer performs a wide variety of installation, configuration, upgrading and supporting software (Monitoring solution, backup &recovery solutions), servers, and storage in various environment.
- The System Engineer would provide investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/software and other related infrastructure.
Main Job Task & Responsibilities
- Implementation and support of Citrix environment including Citrix workspace suite, etc.
- Liaising with first & second level support
- Low-level Server Hardware design & roll-out.
- Should be able to engage in fault diagnosis & analysis.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Training:
- A B.Sc or B.Eng Degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science; or any related field is required; a Graduate Degree is minimal requirement.
- A masters degree will be added advantage.
- Possession of professional certifications is also an added advantage.
- A minimum of 2-3 years in a reputable organization.
Key Experience- Applicants are required to have the following hands on work experience:
- Knowledge of Citrix virtualization solution a must (XenServer, XenApp, XenDesktop and workspace)
- NetScaler Networking
- Knowledge of mobility solution (Xenmobile, Mass360)
- Knowledge of VMware VSphere
- Hardware and storage (Oracle, EmC, IBM, etc)
- Knowledge of backup and monitoring solution
- Unix OS.
- The Individual should possess MCP skills, Implementation skills, knowledge of ITIL and can troubleshoot. He/ She should possess excellent customer relationship management, communication skills with an ability to interact with people.
- Highly efficient and meticulous.
- Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Trustworthy and discreet.
- Confident and articulate.
- Creative and Innovative.
- A team player.
What are the details?
- Exciting role, learning environment with established support.
- Training and development opportunities
- An established career path with room for growth.
- A warm and conducive work environment.
- Full medical coverage.
- Full-time position, 09:00-17:00, Monday-Friday, based in Lekki, Lagos.
- Competitive compensation package.
Application Closing Date
16th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.