George Houston Resources Limited (GHR) - Our client, an Information Technology Solutions Provider and Systems Integrator operating with head office in Lagos, Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: System Security Engineer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Position Type: Full Time
- We are seeking to hire a capable System Security Engineer, who has passion for cybersecurity and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the IT security space.
- You should be able to provide technical, product and business knowledge to support the sales process, implement, support and strengthen customer relationships.
Specific areas of responsibility that you will be responsible for include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and architect solution to meet and solve customer challenges.
- Engage in presales activities including customer meeting, demo/POV and support already implemented FPG solutions.
- Solution implementation and support of new and existing customer’s environment including firewalls, encryption, web security, email security, privilege identity management, DLP and other security solution suites.
- Liaising with first & second level support.
- Low-level security design & rollout.
- Issue resolution (fault diagnosis & analysis).
- Engineering, implementing and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information/corporate data.
- Identifying and defining system security requirements.
- Designing computer security architecture and developing detailed cyber security designs.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot security solution/infrastructure.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Identify/generate and execute initiatives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term pre-sales engagement, project implementation and revenue generation.
- Other related functions as may be requested by the Employer or your Manager.
Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Training:
- A minimum of a B.Eng / B.Tech in Electronics / Electrical / Mechanical / Computer Engineering, Information Technology or any related field.
- A masters degree will be added advantage.
- Possession of ITIL certification.
- CISSP/ CISM, CompTIA Security, CEH or other equivalent certifications.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in IT Security with record of accomplishment in this role.
- A minimum of 2 years presales, implementation and post-sales experience.
- Experience working in mixed Windows/Linux, database and virtualized/physical server environments.
- Hands on experience in security systems deployment including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, DDOS solutions, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, SIEM, vulnerability-scanning, web gateway, proxy appliances, NAC, and antivirus tools etc.
- Assess system vulnerabilities by deploying penetration testing.
- Experience with network security, networking technologies, systems security, and network monitoring tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web-related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service-Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Superior breadth of experience in network administration and information security
- Excellent proficiency in implementing the following solutions: Checkpoint Security Technologies (VPN, remote access, MTP etc.) FireEye, Symantec solution, CyberArk, Entrust, Safenet etc.
- Familiar with encryption firewalls authorization methodologies and Web filtering authentication
- Strong relationship management and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across several departments and services as well as external stakeholders.
- Adaptability to a proactive and flexible approach to work and be comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Tenacity, Loyalty, Commitment, Passion, Drive.
Application Closing Date
16th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.