SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Manager, Site Engineering
Job ID: 13292
- Reporting to the Plant Manager in Lagos, Nigeria you will be responsible for overseeing the Engineering and Maintenance functions.
- By managing a local team, you will be responsible for implementing Engineering projects and harnessing the Lean culture on site by leading the Planned Maintenance and Early Management Pillars.
- If you like to work in a multicultural, FMCG organization and passionate about Engineering and Supply chain, we’d like to hear from you!
- Lead Maintenance and Engineering functions with extended responsibilities to drive Lean at the site, specifically with loss ranking & prioritization as well as loss reduction processes and tools
- Planning and execution of site Engineering projects
- Implementation of the Engineering work process and Management of Change process in the implementation of projects
- Lead the Planned Maintenance and Early Management Pillars, aligned with the Lean strategy for the site. Supports department activities to design new processes, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Deliver capability development in Lean according to approved glide path
- Build and maintain Pillar network through managing Pillar Leadership to drive monthly / quarterly targets, active participation and engagement, and overall pillar performance
- Clearly communicate goals and objectives of the site lean program and loss reduction plans
- Drive the use of Lean tools for loss reduction
- Implement processes for training and development of all pillar leaders and pillar members
- Lead and support the Planned Maintenance pillar to reduce downtime losses affecting equipment availability.
- Ensure all SHE-critical equipment is maintained to global S. C. Johnson standards and further meet local regulations
- Drive lean savings projects
- Be a Safety champion. The individual is responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of others within the work environment. The individual must follow and adhere to all Environmental, Health and Safety procedures and is duty bound to stop unsafe acts and report unsafe practices
- Development of the Maintenance & Engineering team to build capability to drive operational improvements aligned with the site strategy and master plan
- Supports adherence to safety policies and regulations to ensure that all tasks are performed in a safe manner. Execution of Maintenance and Engineering action plans to ensure the Lagos site to be effective in its SHE programs
- Provides feasible process, controls and packaging solutions, as well as associated capital estimates and timelines for new marketing initiatives by coordinating with Global Engineering, Technical Platform Experts, machine suppliers and internal customers.
- Supports, investigates, drives, and provides technical leadership in implementing cost saving projects, DTV, OEE Improvements and LEAN to existing processes and support systems in the region.
- May perform any other tasks/duties within his/her ability/capability as assigned by management through its agents/officers
- Deploy metrics to track savings, monitor use of PM & EM tools and track effectiveness to drive continuous improvement
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years experience in maintenance and engineering (production, project, process, site, facilities) and project management at a manufacturing facility (preferably experience in FMCG industry)
- Minimum of 2 years of people management experience
- Lean / TPM manufacturing experience – mastery of the lean principles and the transformation approach cross Operating Systems
- Exposure to high risk operations such as plants operating and handling flammable & combustible materials in FMCG
- Excellent management skills and leadership experience with very good level of communication in English
- Team player and good with stakeholder management and influencing others
- Technically strong and capable of hands-on engagement in production activities
- Easily adaptable to new working environments and ability to harness the right support, being seen as a valuable resource
- Development oriented and with organizational excellence
- Good project management skills and experience with MS Project is an added advantage
- Good presentation skills
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD or equivalent
- You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application.
Application Closing Date