ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people's dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people's potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 8.2 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 4,600 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
In light of the displacement in the north-eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is, therefore, looking to fill the position below to support its mission in Maiduguri, Borno State:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- To ensure a proper cash flow system within mission, the finance intern will take care of ACTED physical cash release and documentation of physical cash flow. Report functionally to the Deputy Finance Manager (Country level) and Finance Officer (Area level) and Cashier.
- Respect and follow-up of ACTED financial procedures
- Dealing with cash transfers and cash exchanges
- Petty cash management
- Cash flow follow-up (PRATIC)
- Follow up of FLAT document for compliance and transparency of ACTED procedures
- Every day: ensure of having daily exchange rates of currency
- Voucher & Cashbook: filling of voucher(s) & registration of voucher in cashbook
- Payment: make payments for all items and services which have been approved by the CR
- Assist in Safe & Cashbook checking at the end of each day, the cashbook and the safe should be checked and the balance should correspond Money Exchange Dealing: whenever needed to assist, change money for the cashbooks and register it in cashbook
- Assist the Cashier/Finance Assistant at the end of each month: the balance in the cashbook and in the safe should be checked and the cash checking statement should be established and signed by the Cashier and CFM;
- Vouchers: assist in quality of vouchers should be checked by the Cashier Ц Admin Assistant at the end of each month
- Cashbook & SAGA: Assist when need in cashbook and SAGA as should be checked before closing the accounting month
- Advances: Assist in follow up to ensure the clearance of all advances for the staff before paying the salary
- Release international staff per diem/food allowances after the monthly attendance sheet signed by staff and approved by CFM or CR
- Compile and file all project related financial, logistics, administrative, and program information in the designated project Compliance folder. During this time, the FLAT Compliance Assistant should ensure that all Compliance folders are duplicated (photocopied) regularly with any arrival of a new document.
- Follow-up of the Compliance process at base level by ensuring the regular (fortnightly) transfer of the project(s) Compliance documentation to the capital office
- All employees should master ACTED's core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- HND in Finance and other related field
- Preferably a Degree
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Excellent communication skills interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of the basic finance systems and procedures and ability to apply it to other work environment.
- Contract length: A year
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable.
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org