Business School of Commerce and Management (BSCM) is a rewarding place to work. A city location with access to all that Abuja has to offer and a community in which a real impact can be made on the lives of our children and young adults. BSCM group delivers a blended learning model that is both direct learning in classes and online on our learning platform.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Secretary
A company secretary will take care of a number of administrative tasks, including:
Filing confirmation statements:
- A company secretary will take over this responsibility from the limited company director. This means they are responsible for the completion and timely submission of the company’s confirmation statement (previously know as annual return) and full accounts by the statutory deadline.
Keeping Companies House updated of changes:
- You need to let Companies House know if the official details change about your company. These details include who the shareholders are and their share capital, the Directors details and any PSC (Persons of Significant Control), and the registered office address.
- The company secretary has to communicate these changes to Companies House in a timely manner. This is also known as event-driven filing as it happens after the event. They should also ensure these changes are on company communications such as your website or stationery.
Updating the Company’s Statutory Books:
- It's really important to keep a record of any changes to the structure of the company. These records are also known the company’s statutory registers, e.g. the Register of Directors and the Register of Members. Should you ever decide to sell your company you will need to show these records as part of the transaction.
Communication with shareholders:
- As previously mentioned, the company secretary acts as the bridge between shareholders and the company. This means that they will be communicating any important announcements.
- The Secretary will be sending out news and liaising with shareholders to organise shareholder meetings and the company's Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- A company secretary is responsible for the security and accuracy of important company documents, which include the certificate of incorporation, share certificates and other important ones.
- The duty of signing legal documents on behalf of the company director may sometimes fall to the company secretary. This can be anything from signing cheques and bank documents to other vital documents.
Application Closing Date
20th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the "Job title" as subject of the email.