An Independent Energy Company with upstream and midstream assets in Nigeria is seeking highly skilled candidates to occupy the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Ref Number: SEOM1
Locations: Lagos & Akwa Ibom
Job Type: Permanent
Purpose of the Role
- The Operations Manager will increase the production capacity by improving performance, overseeing production control and ensuring achievement of production targets.
- Lead the production team in the forecasting, planning and delivering of product volumes
- Develop new strategies to increase production with safe and cost-efficient methods
- Ensure that adequate safety norms are used by site personnel
- Ensure that the Company Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policy is effectively implemented and that corrective measures are taken in a timely manner
- Operate the oil and gas fields in a profitable and optimal manner
- Develop and manage budgets and operational expenses
- Oversee proposal development bid packages and subcontractor agreements
- Provide cost and risk management
- Build ongoing relationships with key members and functional managers within the organisation
- Manage the commissioning and start-up of new projects and plant modifications to ensure compliance with standards, specifications and contract terms and conditions
- Ensure proper implementation of approved reservoir management and monitoring programs
- Direct the planning and execution of maintenance and major shutdowns and approved plans, tender packages, bid evaluation, and recommend contract awards as appropriate
- Effectively maintain internal and external communications across different levels of the organizations and with senior management
- Supervise facilities and production engineers, and contract managers in the field
- Supervise drilling and production operations.
Qualification & Experience Required
- Degree in Engineering with 15+ years of professional experience
- Oil & Gas industry and management experience
- In-depth knowledge of the various oil and gas field procedures and practices
- Influential and leadership skills
- Knowledge of production, facilities, completion, and drilling engineering
- Well-developed technical understanding of all phases of a gas producing asset from subsurface to pipelines to processing
- Knowledge of Reservoir, Drilling, Operations and Geology for effective interaction and support of current operations and acquisition review and evaluation
- Commercial experience dealing with domestic and/or international supply contracts
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills; adept at Interaction with a variety of contacts, Including peers within a multi-disciplinary team, management, vendors and industry partners.
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae in PDF format as an attachment to: [email protected] and [email protected] using the role and reference number as the subject of the email.
- Applications that do not follow this guideline will be disqualified.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.