An Independent Energy Company with upstream and midstream assets in Nigeria is seeking highly skilled candidates to occupy the position below:
Job Title: Principal Process Engineer
Ref Number: SEPPES
Locations: Lagos & Akwa Ibom
Job Type: Permanent
Purpose of the Role
- The Principal Process Engineer will provide Process Engineering expertise to aid execution of facilities projects.
- Perform design work to support project development
- Provide knowledgeable input during the design phases of projects to ensure sound engineering practice is followed by design and construction contractors and that the Company’s standards and specifications are adhered to
- Act as a focal point for the resolution of process engineering inquiries, detailed design to construction and commissioning
- Act as Company representative for the preparation or review of Design Bases, P&lDs, PFDs, etc
- Provide process engineering input to other discipline specialists to assure that design outputs are consistent
- Supervise and check the work of other engineers or those prepared by service providers.
- Act as the Company representative (as required) to ensure that design work by contractors meet the Company’s -standards and relevant industry-codes, in particular, API, ASME, ANSI, NFPA, etc
- Provide engineering calculations for pipeline and crude oil separation and gas treatment systems including line sizing, vessel sizing, hydraulic studies, flow assurance, duty requirements, retention and settlement times, etc
- Monitor the performance of design contractors and suggest remedial actions, where required, to Improve schedule or quality performance
- Participate in HZOP’s and other key design reviews
- Assist company resident or project engineers with process engineering:
- Evaluating technical issues related to preparation of proposals, and evaluation of equipment for adherence to required performance criteria
- Performing process equipment purchasing tasks such as vendor bid enquiry preparation, vendor bid
- Working with manufacturers during fabrication and providing support to field personnel during site checkouts and commissioning of equipment
- Assisting in the resolution of field problems during construction, assessing field recommendations on process change recommendations, and in the implementation of efficient corrections that can reduce operational problems.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- University Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in the oil and gas industry
- Good communication skills, detail oriented, and effective team player
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, able to use process engineering software programs such as Hysys etc
- Exposure to Consultancy FEED/Detailed Design and EPC projects
- Knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures
- Able to meet deadlines and multitask
- Working knowledge of flow assurance.
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae in PDF format as an attachment to: [email protected] and [email protected] using the role and reference number as the subject of the email.
- Applications that do not follow this guideline will be disqualified.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.