Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited was established in 1981 with Registration No. RC 37125 as a limited liability company specialized in all kinds of Structural Steel fabrication design & erection to the civil construction and Oil & Gas Industries, development and manufacturing of various semi-trailers, rigid truck bodies, which enabled the company to deliver complete projects of steel structures coupled with civil engineering.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dimensional Control Engineer
Slot: 2 Openings
- Read, understand and interpret engineering drawings.
- Responsible for developing all testing procedures or method statements related to dimension control and distortion control on products.
- Responsible for all required dimensional check hold points that have been developed and established by project specifications and methods.
- Responsible for the identification and control of non-conforming drawings to requirements.
- To prepare and maintain dimension control inspection quality plan.
- Ensure that required reports are completed according to the project specifications.
- Carry out dimensional survey in line with the clients and approved specifications.
- Review of Approve Construction/fabrication Drawings and specification for tolerance.
- Dimensional checking of all fitted items prior to and after welding activities.
- Data collation and storage in respect to dimensional quality records
- Preparation of relevant reports on dimensional issues.
- Carry out dimensional and visual check of jobs and fit ups as required.
- Relevant Codes, Specifications and procedure guiding each and every project are strictly adhered to and they also serve as reference documents, including welding.
- In addition, contractual requirements as contained in the contract document, timely dimensional survey in line with project requirements.
- Ensuring that dimensional checking of all fitted items after welding activities are concluded on a timely basis.
- Collecting accurate data on dimensional inspection parameters and reproducing them in appropriate format.
- Ensuring that the Drawings and Specification for Tolerance are being strictly adhered to.
- Ensuring minimal dimensional quality defects on projects.
- Reporting dimensional project activities to the factory manager on a regular basis.
- B.Eng. in any Engineering, Technical or Surveyor discipline. Professional certification/membership will be an added advantage.
- 5- 10 years experience as a dimensional engineer in a Steel Fabrication Construction industry.
- Working knowledge of Quality, specifically Dimensional Control experience
- Ability to interpret drawings and/ or CAD models
- Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis experience
- Good understanding/experience of Quality Assurance
- Experience of contracts/procurement
- Good IT Skills including Microsoft Office reading and producing reports, inputting data into spreadsheets
- Experience of Supplier Interface
- Relevant Engineering or Manufacturing Environment
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.