MacTay Consulting - We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NOC MS Transmission Team Leader
- Overall Manager of Transmission team in Back Office.
- Manage all Transmission Back Office Activities.
- Ensure Management reporting on NOC and participate in Management Meetings.
- Conduct or participate in recruitment interviews for selection of personnel.
- Identify training needs and make provisioning arrangements.
- Maintain compliance to all the processes related to NOC.
- Improve skill of Transmission team by training and experience sharing.
- Be on standby 24/7 for remote support as required.
- Perform Second Line Maintenance support for all Transmission NEs and associated elements.
- Solve the problems within SLA based on the contract between the company and customers.
- Able to summarize, explain and upload troubleshooting cases.
- Co-ordinate with TAC for the resolution of critical issue. Always escalate SR ticket on iCare, whether he/she can solve or not and monitor it until solved. Close the ticket within SLA.
- Performance management monitor network and provide KPI Reports using N.M.S System.
- Ensure all agreed contractual and non-contractual performance KPI's are reported and delivered as per the HU Business model.
- Setup up and ensure conducting Weekly governance management setup with customer and addressing all issues in issue log as per agreed timelines.
- Proactively making improvement / Handling plans for 1). All KPI's not meeting the SLA/WLA's; 2). handling of special events; 3). regulatory performance and guideline adherence; 4. Network Security implementation.
- Daily monitoring of the networks.
- Taking corrective action accordingly.
- Ensure preventive maintenance.
- Checking repeated outages.
- Implementation of audit tracker.
- Ensure standardization of processes and changes as agreed with the customer incorporated, educated, and complied to by Transmission team.
- Sharing findings of other critical issue.
- Provide support to circle team and ensure getting timely KPI outage, SLA, and site signoff.
- Ensure Spare parts availability through customer and SPMS department.
Qualification and Experience
- Experience in project delivery and network maintenance of transmission network products, including WDM or SDH/MSTP products is priority
- HCIE-Transmission or HCIP-Transmission certificates is priority
Other Professional Skills:
- Customer oriented approach and good negotiation skills
- Good verbal and communication skills
- English and an additional language (either Chinese or local language)
- Powerful problem-solving capabilities.
- Have 3+ years’ work experiences on transmission area.
- Have a proficient command of the installation, commissioning, and routine maintenance of DWDM and MSTP products.
- Be proficient in using U2000/NCE, routine maintenance and inspection.
- Have a basic command of the features, service planning and configuration, and service cutover MOP of DWDM and MSTP products.
- Have a basic command of the SD process and CS process for routine maintenance of transmission network and products.
- Good communication skills, service awareness, teamwork spirit, and good execution ability.
Application Closing Date
17th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the "Job title" as subject of the email.