Afrimash Company Limited is Nigeria’s leading eCommerce marketplace for agricultural items. You can now conveniently and securely shop online for quality items and receive your order safely at your location.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern, Logistics and Supply Chain
- Are you ready to gain new skills and help attend to farmers and agricultural suppliers; to make agriculture easy / convenient for everyone?
- The Afrimash Internship Programme will provide you with such a unique and valuable experience
- We will require candidates to work on a full-term basis as assistants to our logistics and supply chain graduate trainees. Successful completion of the internship program will offer the candidates a stronger chance of full-time employment with Afrimash in the short and long run.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Arrange pickup and shipping of orders.
- Keep record of inventories.
- Follow up with orders in transit and ensure customers receive orders.
- Ensure the quality of items picked from vendors.
- Respond to logistics inquiries and requests.
- Liaise and negotiate with third party logistics partners, shippers, field agents etc.
- Prepare order lists for day-old chicks.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints.
- Create and maintain professional relationships with vendors, customers and carriers.
We believe you will be an excellent fit if you have:
- Minimum of NCE or OND
- Good documentation skills
- Good problem solving skills
- High attention to details
- Good negotiations skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Existing knowledge of common travel routes and major third party logistics partners (local and international)
- Ability to work for long hours.
- Willingness to explore new ideas and take on challenging tasks.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
Application Closing Date
17th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.