Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Officer / Driver
Location: Kainji, Niger
- Reporting to temporarily to the Head of Transport, the Transport Officer will be responsible for conveying man materials and equipment from the Hospital to the desired destination.
- The Transport Officer will be responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organization, this includes managing budgets, organizing schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements.
- The incumbent is required to document all vehicle movement in the specified log book allocated. The transport officer is to ensure that the official vehicle is well maintained and ready for use at all times, and make sure all observations on vehicles are reported and documented.
- Complete a mechanical checklist prior to each shift to ensure the official vehicle or ambulance is in working order and ready to transport patients or staff to and from required locations, and report any mechanical issues to appropriate service personnel.
- Ensure official vehicle ambulance is clean and stocked properly with first aid and medical supplies prior to each shift and between patient transports throughout the day
- Accept patient and staff transport assignments daily and drive ambulance with any necessary medical personnel to patient location
- Complete appropriate trip sheets or log books as required by employer to record officially each transport.
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip
- Pick up clients or patients from the place and at the time they’ve requested.
- Collect payments and issue receipts.
- Keep documents current such as registration, insurance, vehicle logs, daily inspection reports, etc
- Mechanical experience
- Assist clients with loading and unloading their luggage
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions
- Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed
- Answer clients’ questions about the area and local places of interest
- Ensure the car seats are clean and comfortable for all riders
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues
- Wash the vehicle to maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the car.
- Good Team Player
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Proven ability to manage personnel, delegate and follow-up; must be able to “multi-task”
- Experience managing inventories (e.g., asset and spare part stock management)
- Recognized ability to work as part of a team
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Computer knowledge is mandatory
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes, laboratory supplies and equipment, and billing and laboratory information systems.
Application Closing Date
20th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the "Position Title and Code" as the subject of the email application.