Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physiotherapist
Location: Kainji, Niger
- Reporting to temporarily to the Head of Unit Physiotherapy, the Physiotherapist will be responsible for carrying out assessments to evaluate their patients’ range of movement and ability to carry out everyday tasks.
- Physiotherapists work to diagnose the causes of injury and put together a treatment plan, sometimes including exercises, manual therapy and electrotherapy (using electrical energy as a medical treatment. They also advise on managing long-term conditions.
- The incumbent plans and develops bespoke treatment plans, which help patients to regain their independence and mobility by using purposeful activity, write patient case notes, and liaise with other healthcare professionals. The holder will be responsible to diagnose, assess and treat physical conditions.
- Physiotherapists help people recover with injuries sustained from surgery, illness, ageing or disability. They guide patients to improve their strength and movement and prevent further problems in future
- Work with patients who have a range of conditions, including neurological, neuromusculoskeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory, sometimes over a period of weeks
- Diagnose, assess and treat their physical problem/condition.
- Develop and review treatment programmes that encourage exercise and movement by the use of a range of techniques
- Involve parents and carers in the treatment, review and rehabilitation of patients.
- Educate patients and their carers about how to prevent and/or improve conditions.
- Write patient case notes and reports and collect statistics.
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals, such as GPs, occupational therapists and social workers, to exchange information about the background and progress of patients, as well as to refer patients who require other medical attention.
- Keeping up to date with new techniques and technologies available for treating patients.
- Supervise student and junior physiotherapists and physiotherapy support workers.
- To be legally responsible and accountable.
- To act in a caring, compassionate and professional at all times.
- Rehabilitation and pain management - introducing exercises to reduce and manage pain following surgery, injury or illness
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy with other relevant certifications
- Good Team Player
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Computer knowledge is mandatory
- Leadership Skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes, laboratory supplies and equipment, and billing and laboratory information systems.
Application Closing Date
20th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the "Position Title and Code" as the subject of the email application.