Greenfield Consulting - Our client, a Construction Company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Health, Safety And Environment Officer
Location: Ikosi Ketu, Lagos
The Construction HSE Officer will be responsible for the assessment of risk, and designing strategies to reduce potential hazards within the construction workplace or assigned geographic area following established policies and safety regulations.
- Carry out site inspections and hazards identification as well as establishing procedures and policies to overcome those hazardous situations
- Inspects workplaces, and minimize or eliminate hazards from processes, such as incorrect working methods, and materials, such as potentially toxic chemicals.
- Verify that all tools and equipment are adequate and safe for use
- Provide frequent safety training to all site workers and general construction team
- Creating safety plans that include suggested improvements to existing infrastructure and business processes
- Prevents and eliminates injury and illness to employees and assist companies to comply with safety
- Tasked with keeping policies up to date, meeting the latest standards, and establishing new ones from time to time as more and newer risks are discovered
- Determine the type of personal protective equipment (PPE) needed and ensure workers are trained on how to operate and use tools and equipment
- Arrange for OSHA-mandated testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants
- Responsible for development, implementation, and enforcement of policies that reduce the risk of accidents
- Trains and carries out drills and exercises on how to manage emergency situations
- Sharing information, suggestions, and observations with project leadership to create consistency in safety standards throughout the production team and the entire company
- Responds to employees’ safety concerns
- Conducts safety investigations of all accidents and near-misses
- Coordinate registration and removal of hazardous waste
- Participate in the project safety committee and leads all efforts to enhance safety
- Review and approve all subcontractor’s safety plans in line with Company standard
- Reports to concerned authorities as requested or mandated by regulations.
- B.SC./HND in Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ post NYSC experience as a Health and Safety Officer in reputable construction companies
- Relevant Engineering health, safety and environment experience
- Vast knowledge of safety procedures and standards in the industry
- Knowledge of the Construction process
- Possession of relevant QHSE certificates will be added advantage
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse population
- Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis experience
- Computer literacy. Drive and Initiative.
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2020.