Crown Agents is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Job type: Full Time / Part Time
Sector: Procurement Consultancy
- The Procurement and Logistics Manager will be responsible for the overall design and management of an effective procurement process for the basic nutrition package project in one of the states where Crown Agents will be implementing the ANRiN programme.
- Management of the effective procurement process, such as PR, PO, Tender / Bid, Contract process
- Responsible for supply chain management of nutrition-related products and birth spacing commodities, supplies and pharmaceuticals
- Management of medical drug logistics in line with the needs of the programme
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers to support efficient management of supplies
- Work closely with the state programme team to understand their procurement and logistic needs
- Work with the project lead to ensure forecasted needs are timely and accurate and ensure reconciliation and goods are also moved to beneficiaries
- Monitor, with supervisory visits and documented spot checks, inventory storage and movement records in the warehouse which hold stock for which the project is accountable
- Develop and review the procurement plans for the project, including commodity quantification and distribution plans using correct assumptions and best practices.
- Plan, source (directly or via donor / CA procurement process) and manage the delivery of all commodities (drugs, medical supplies and equipment
- Support project distribution planning and execution to ensure all stock are received on time at distribution points, and all stock is recorded during the distribution, and reconciled
- Regularly collect, collate and analyse value for money parameters and recommend areas of efficiency gains for Crown Agents
- Taking lead on all procurement activities, giving suggestions and innovative practices to the organisation
- Work with the management and project teams to resolve relevant outstanding audit findings to improve overall compliance with organisational and donor policies.
- At least 7 years of experience in procurement planning and management in private sector / international organizations
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Sciences, Social Sciences with training in Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- Knowledge and ability to work on ICT tools for inventory management, logistics and supply chain management
- Knowledge of completing procurement in Nigeria or countries affected by fragility, conflict and violence
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English, as well as a strong credibility and integrity in this domain
- Confirmed experience working on large-scale, consortium led, nutrition/ health programmes in challenging contexts, ideally in Nigeria
- Experience in capacity building of implementing partners
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, local and international staff
- Ability to represent the project to various audiences including senior government officials and donor representatives
- Strong communication skills, including advanced report writing skills
- Nigerian national with the ability to articulate and demonstrate a strong understanding of the contextual challenges faced by communities in Nigeria (ideally in Nasarawa)
About what's on Offer
- Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please only apply if you are located in the Nasarawa State or willing to relocated there. You should also have the right to work in Nasarawa State.
- We recommend you only apply if you comply with all the necessary requirements.