RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners seeks to recruit expert for the Taraba Regulatory Organization Development structuring for the implementation of the E-WASH program:
Job Title: Capacity Development and Change Management Expert
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of five (5) State Water Boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- The overall objective of E-WASH is to assist the Government of Nigeria to expand and improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial and technical viability of select State Water Boards (SWBs) in Nigeria.
- The E-WASH activity will concentrate on solidifying state, municipal, and utility level governance gains, manifested in improved water supply services, and an improved ability to regulate, manage, and expand sanitation services.
- The Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) project seeks to recruit experts for the Taraba Regulatory Organization Development structuring.
- Conduct a staff training needs assessment.
- Develop a human resources development strategy including a comprehensive training plan in relation to the new institutional framework.
- Conduct a workforce and capacity assessment, identifying competencies within the Board and recommending staffing requirements based on the proposed structure and agreed job descriptions.
- Coach the top management on leadership and strategic planning.
- Carry out a Regulatory reform key stakeholder mapping and suggest a communication strategy for each.
- Carry out participatory change management training for different levels of staff as key re-organization is being implemented.
- Develop gender orientation and mainstreaming concepts as part of the change management training.
- Support top management to design an action plan / road map for implementation of recommendations that will lead to desired performance targets.
Objectives of the Assignments:
- To prepare the Regulatory staff and leadership for transition into a corporate organization.
Level of Effort:
- The anticipated level of effort (LOE) is 22 days.
Qualifications and Experience
- The Consultant should have at least a Degree in Administration, Philosophy, Sociology, Education or relevant fields. A Master's Degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in training and human capital development with a proven track record in training needs assessment, module design, career development, training and workshop presentation
- Sector-specific experience on similar assignments and working in a donor-funded environment would be an advantage.
- To achieve the objectives of this assignment, the selected key experts / consultants will undertake the assignment from the E-WASH office and utility’s (SWA) offices.
- The Consultants will report to the EWASH Team Leader but will work closely with the Institutional and Policy Development Specialist for EWASH, MoWR and the Management of the regulatory agency.
- The assignment shall be supported from the EWASH Abuja office by the Institutional and Policy Development Advisor and a supporting STTA. In addition, the selected key experts/consultants must work closely and coordinate with fellow Organizational Development consultants on this assignment.
- With respect to the workshop component of the assignment, the consultants are required to compile the material for future reference, produce a report on the workshop, and deliver to E-WASH not later than two weeks after the conduct of the training workshop.
- The draft and final reports shall be submitted to the State E-WASH Team and all relevant data and information contained therein and compiled by the consultants in the course of the study shall be the property of the E-WASH which shall be appropriately handed over to the State Regulatory Agency.
The following deliverables are expected with respect to the assignments:
- An Inception Report, describing how the consultant intends to carry out the assignment and an unveiling of key parameters that might not have been obvious in the early stages of the assignment.
- Report of Initial Data Gathering
- Draft Design Documents of various reform elements by each expert to be presented at the workshop.
- Final Design Documents of various reform elements by each expert to be implemented
- Final Project Report detailing work completed, deliverables achieved and recommendations.
- STTAs should note that the Institutional and Policy Development Advisor may demand specific deliverables to be presented in specialized packages and reporting patterns.
We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application Letter and a CV as one single Word document to: [email protected] using the specific Job Title "Capacity Development and Change Management Expert" as email subject.
- On the subject line of your e-mail, you should only put the e-mail subject line as indicated above (no other text should be on this subject line)
- Interested Consultants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for negotiations.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.