Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Mechanic
Location: Jahu, Jagawa
Accountabilities / Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list):
- Perform maintenance and repair of MSF vehicles to ensure they are in perfect condition for their use, in particular:
- Ensure vehicles services are done on time. Do all types of services to all vehicles and Generators:
- Mini A, medium B (vehicles)
- Full C (vehicles and Generators)
- Special services referred in logbook when possible.
- Test all vehicles after each service is concluded and before it is handed back to its driver.
- Perform maintenance according to the instructions in the logbook.
- Keep record of vehicle's driver remarks, and carry out repairs if needed.
- In the case of a breakdown, make a diagnosis, inform to the line manager and after approval carry out any repairs needed.
- Carry out repair works of other mechanical equipment. Fill in service, repair on vehicle logbook.
- Together with the storekeeper manage the stock of consumable items: making any orders necessary for renewing the stock, avoiding any shortage and ensuring security stocks.
- Be responsible of the equipment and tools, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary, keeping the inventory updated. Support the evaluation of external workshops for eventual sub-contracting as well as light and heavy vehicle renting.
- Follow up the validity of all documents (annual inspections, insurance or any other required documents) and report the line manager if any document is missing or needs to be soon renewed.
- Report to the line manager any problem related to MSF vehicles and other engines.
- He may be asked by his line manager to assist in the recruitment of new drivers (technical test) and their briefing and training regarding vehicle services and maintenance.
- Fill in the Tufioul on a monthly basis and report all the data and analysis to his line manager.
- Update the MEMO equipment; status, Maintenances, Tufioul, etc
- Provide a monthly report with the progression of his activities, the difficulties encountered and the plan of action for the coming month.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Essential Diploma in Mechanics or related studies.
- Demonstrable mechanical experience. (Minimum 2 years - experience in the management of cars or generator fleet).
- Essential mission language and local language
- Essential driving license for vehicles.
- Stress Management
- Computer Literacy: Good command of Word, Excel
Gross Salary Per Month
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter, CV, qualifications and contact details by email to: [email protected] using "Mechanic" as subject of the email.
- Non-compliant or late applications will not be considered
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- Only successful applicants will be called for written test and interview.