The Talent Custodian - One of our clients in the Oil and Gas sector (downstream) is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Workshop Supervisor (Heavy Duty Vehicle)
Department: Logistics Services
Reports to: Workshop Manager; Logistics Manager
Direct Reports: Technicians (e.g. Welder, Vulcanizer, Mechanic etc.)
- Internal: All Core business divisions
- External: Transport Agencies
- To ensure minimal disruption to service within the Logistics business by overseeing the delivery of planned and reactive truck maintenance support to the Logistics Services business.
- To supervise a team of technicians, allocate workload and drive day-to-day operations in the workshop towards ensuring that truck downtime is minimised or reduced to zero.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement, plan, control and organise the planned preventive and corrective maintenance on Client’s’s fleet and related equipment to maximise their lifespan and ensure safety
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations
- Provides relevant input to Workshop & Logistics Manager for the preparation of the business strategy and annual budgets
- Monitors the delivery of workshop plans and activities in line with the budget, ensuring variances are minimised
- Supports the Workshop Manager to implement and enforce risk management procedures
- Regularly reports the progress on each job and quickly communicates delays or concerns with the Manager, Logistics Services
- Reports on manpower overruns or shortfalls
- Acts as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
- Identifies staff that require on-going training and liaises with Human Capital to facilitate their enrolment on relevant development interventions.
- Supports apprentices and semi-skilled staff and facilitates their acquisition of appropriate technical skills
- Ensures the availability of resources for the technicians to effectively carry out their jobs
- Attends to any issues or queries escalated by the technicians
- Ensures compliance to required safety standards and operating procedures
- Creates & maintains a register of all workshop equipment to manage the timely calibration and maintenance of the equipment
- Coordinates vehicle maintenance, relationships with parts vendors, orders parts, and orders diesel, fuel and gasoline, as needed.
- Oversight function of inventory.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.Sc. / HND) in Engineering
- Minimum of seven (7) years working experience, preferably in the Technical, logistics, supply chain management and transportation of goods
- Hands-on experience in various technical skills like welding, panel beating, truck maintenance, etc.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.