Adexen Recruitment Agency - Our client, an Oil & Gas company operating in the downstream industry is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Energy / Oil & Gas
Job Seniority: Senior level
Job Category: Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full time
- Champion the formulation and implementation of strategies and plans for the logistics operations to ensure profitability and drive business growth in line with the company’s objectives.
- Organize the storage and distribution of products and ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost.
- Co-ordinate all transport operations for all local deliveries in liaison with the Operations Manager and other stakeholders on the transaction.
- Supervise the allocation of jobs to various sub-contractors based on the transport requirements for each client.
- Ensure all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Ensure fleet registration, documentation, and updating of drivers’ license
- Follow up closely with Operations Team to ensure all documents required for loading are available and return of transport documents are filled.
- Efficiently manage the company’s fleet to attain an uninterrupted supply to meet customers’ demands at all times through the effective management of vendors, drivers, and transport stakeholders.
- Manage and register any delays or repair needed on trucks immediately they occur to the management.
- Arrange daily express access into the oil tank farms and ensuring the free passage of company trucks from locations to the.
- Manage relationships with law and safety enforcement agencies and to ascertain traffic situations and arrange free passage of company trucks and vessels.
- Ensure trucks are adequately fuelled and approved funds for road expenses disbursed to drivers.
- Schedule of the company’s fleet to meet clients’ requirements. Trucks required for loading must be positioned at the clients’ warehouse a day prior to loading day
- Plan routes and load scheduling for drivers for easy loading and drop off.
- Manage drivers' concerns and bringing them to the immediate notice of the management.
- Liaise with warehouse manager daily to program truck arrival, loading, and departure.
- Monitor drivers and truck locations with a report sent to management every morning.
- Minimize downtime of the company fleet.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation Management or any other related Discipline.
- A Master's degree will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualifications from a recognized professional body (e.g. Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT) and Certified Institute of Warehousing & Materials Management (CIWM).
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience, with at least 5 years in a senior management capacity.
- Proven experience in Supply Chain Management, including, Haulage, Logistics, and Fleet management and customer service operations.
- Demonstrated experience in Fleet management with In-depth knowledge of global and local transport and logistics best practices
- A systematic approach to work and ability to manage change.
- Commercial awareness coupled with IT literacy and the ability to handle electronic data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as manage people.
- Warehousing, Logistics
- Management, Operations
- Management, Process
- Improvement, Logistics, Crisis
- Management, Contract
- Management, Risk
- Management, Time
- Management, Negotiation,
- Team Management
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.