Adexen Recruitment Agency - Our client, an Oil & Gas company operating in the downstream industry is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Marketing Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Energy / Oil & Gas
Job Seniority: Manager
Job Category: Business Development
Employment Type: Full time
- Support the achievement of short and long-term strategic objectives and ensure continued growth of marketing activities.
- Drive strategy by working with the executive team on strategic development, business analysis, market research, forecasting, and analyzing market trends with the goal of optimizing sales, expanding the market, improving supply, and creating new partnerships to influence the company’s bottom line.
- Bring a focus to market expansion and increase the visibility of our market presence and impact, particularly among our target audience and stakeholders
- Partner with sales leaders, sales teams, and clients, and consistently ensure that all marketing tactics and strategies are aligned with sales activities and revenue generation by penetrating new market segment within a reasonable period.
- Lead marketing strategy implementation and research to support sales team in determining customer's requirements and prospects as well as increase and improve performance qualify, channels of distribution to attain customers' satisfaction.
- Provide insight into optimal pricing strategies by working with sales, operations, finance, and product management in order to fully understand the detailed economics and profit levers of all products and services.
- Own product direction and strategy by developing an intimate understanding of the existing and planned products and services. Utilize input from clients and the marketplace and collaborate with peers to further refine the future product roadmap and achieve a best-in-class experience for customers.
- Build and execute a long-term strategy for generating profitable relationships by the creation of new business partnerships with great repeat purchase portfolio for the company in alliance with lead generation tactics in support of the vision and strategic goals.
- Build and lead a highly talented marketing team that can work together with a shared mission and goals and collaborate with other departments in the achievement of Company goals.
- Implement customer advisory board and conduct focus groups to strengthen our strategy, become thought leaders in our chosen markets, and refine our product road map.
- Ensure adequate quality and safety checks are in place in-line with the Company's policy and regulatory requirements
- Analyze market trends to recognize competitive threat, discover opportunities and work on the envisaged weakness that constantly delivered results
- Manage relationships with regulatory and other agencies for effective policy compliance
- Support management team with planning and forecasting data
- Oversee retail distribution of company products and record a performing sales process over time.
- Generate reports that show trends, and impacts to aid effective business decisions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or any other related discipline. A Master's degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years of cumulative experience in Marketing and Sales with a reputable company with at least 7-10 years in a management role in an Oil & Gas downstream business.
- In-depth knowledge of international petroleum product procurement and shipment logistics coupled with a strategic mindset, strong leadership, motivational, presentation, and negotiation skills identifying issues and finding ways to overcome them.
- Practical knowledge of Retail station expansion and management and Marketing of Petroleum products coupled with the ability to demonstrate an unmistakable link between the marketing function and overall financial results.
- Ability to deliver sustainable results and make a difference in difficult business environments.
- A reputation as a motivated and relentless self-starter with sound knowledge of regulatory requirements essential.
- Sales Operations, Customer Relations, New Business Development, Relationship Management, Sales Management, Market Analysis, Emerging Markets, Business Development, Business Strategy, Market research
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.