Mercy Corps has been present in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its interventions on humanitarian assistance, economic development, and conflict mitigation. With the ongoing insurgency in Northeast Nigeria causing the displacement of millions of individuals, Mercy Corps started its humanitarian response in 2014 to address the rising humanitarian needs. As the crisis has persisted, Mercy Corps' strategy has also expanded to address the root causes of the conflict and seek to build the long term resilience of communities with integrated programs focusing on governance, the recovery of markets and livelihoods, social cohesion and social protection, youth empowerment, and local conflict management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Website Design and Tracker Development Consultant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
With the current conflict dynamics and the several interventions by both International Non-Governmental Organisations (INGO's) and national Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO's) in the North East region, there is a need to develop a virtual platform and a tracker to help:
- Promote cross-organizational learning on peacebuilding interventions
- Share programming lessons
- Serve as a database of interventions by PSN members showing clearly different projects geographical sites, key stakeholders and intended outcomes
- Identify and share opportunities for greater coordination between PSN members operating in similar areas
- maintain a database of research, evaluations and analyses conducted by PSN members by updating on the platform
- Serve as a means of disseminating information and as a visibility strategy for outcomes of research and evaluations by sharing on PSN website.
- The Consultant is expected to develop and deploy a content management system website for activities of the client. The goal of this website is to provide the PSN with a web presence and to provide a repository for data generated and managed by the PSN. This site will thus be expected to carry dynamic web pages that can be easily updated by staff of the PSN.
- The consultant will be responsible for the theme design and development, site hosting and setup and the initial data upload.
- At the end of development and hosting, the consultant is expected to provide training for the PSN on the usage of the site which will be supported by documentation and instruction manuals for the sight.
The Consultant will:
- The consultant will design a website with the following components.
- Design a User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design based on best practices on the platform.
- Set up a Content Management System (CMS) on the domain to enable the PSN maintains the site without requiring a dedicated workstation or additional software.
- Content entry should include text and pictures for each page to be created with the initial set-up
- Brower testing to ensure that it works with modern browsers on laptops, desktops, and mobile phones.
- Make the site user friendly.
- Link site to PSN social media accounts.
- Train PSN staff on use of the site.
The Consultant will:
- Website designed, developed and deployed with adequate security measures
- Provide login information
- Provide periodic website maintenance and backup.
- Write functional requirement documentation
- Design all graphics required for use on the site.
The Consultant will report to:
- PSN team comprising of the PSN Coordinator, MEL Officer and the two Co-chairs from Mercy Corps and International Alert.
- The Consultant will work closely with: PSN Coordinator and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years work experience
Application Closing Date
29th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following documents below to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as subject of the email
- CVs for all relevant team members and organizational profile (if relevant)
- Cover letter, describing at least 3 previous contracts related to web design and tracker development
- Expected daily consultancy rate and availability.