Sigma Consulting Group - Our client, a renowned medical service provider located in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State requires the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optician
Location: Uyo - Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
- We seek for an ideal candidate who will Design, measure, fit, and adapt lenses and frames for client according to written optical prescription or specification. Assist client with selecting frames.
- Measure customer for size of eyeglasses and coordinate frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescription. Prepare work order for optical laboratory containing instructions for grinding and mounting lenses in frames.
- Verify exactness of finished lens spectacles. Adjust frame and lens position to fit client. May shape or reshape frames.
- Measure clients’ bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centers of eyes, using measuring devices.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications.
- Prepare work orders and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
- Assist clients in selecting frames according to style and color, and ensure that frames are coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Maintain records of customer prescriptions, work orders, and payments.
- Perform administrative duties such as tracking inventory and sales, submitting patient insurance information, and performing simple bookkeeping.
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit client needs.
- Sell goods such as contact lenses, spectacles, sunglasses, and other goods related to eyes in general.
- Heat, shape, or bend plastic or metal frames in order to adjust eyeglasses to fit clients, using pliers and hands.
- Evaluate prescriptions in conjunction with clients’ vocational and a vocational visual requirements.
- Instruct clients in how to wear and care for eyeglasses.
- Determine clients’ current lens prescriptions, when necessary, using lensometers or lens analyzers and clients’ eyeglasses.
- Show customers how to insert, remove, and care for their contact lenses.
- Repair damaged frames.
- Obtain a customer’s previous record, or verify a prescription with the examining optometrist or ophthalmologist.
- Arrange and maintain displays of optical merchandise.
- Fabricate lenses to meet prescription specifications.
- Grind lens edges, or apply coatings to lenses.
- Assemble eyeglasses by cutting and edging lenses, then fitting the lenses into frames.
- Supervise the training of student opticians.
- Knowledge of ophthalmic instruments.
- Customer service skills.
- Candidates must have completed one year optician course
- Candidates must have mathematical knowledge.
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2020.