Lopterra is a Recruitment and Training Specialist situated in Lagos, Nigeria. We aim to keep providing client's with talents that are focussed and driven to achieve set goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Engineer
Job Code: LPT/PE005
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate shall be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that involve projects.
- S/he shall oversee operating processes used to complete projects and create schedules, plans, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
- Preparing, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs and further apply the knowledge acquired
- Confirm systems' and components' capabilities by designing testing methods, testing properties.
- Design and develop electrical products and solutions by studying customer requirements, designing and implementing appropriate products/solutions.
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Provide alternative power, Engineering and security information by answering questions on all products and services that company offers.
- Efficiently manage projects scopes, timelines, budgets and perform quality control on all projects to ensure expectations are met.
- Keep equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures, requesting repair service.
- Maintain product database by keeping both soft copy and hard copy inventory and database.
- Provide leadership and monitor the compliance of the project to ensure that industry codes and practices are adhered to.
- Complete projects and training and guiding junior engineers and technicians.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and check that staff members perform their duties to a high standard to ensure the project runs smoothly, overseeing the needs of the client, and finding ways to improve processes.
Required Qualification & Experience
- BEng degree in Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years cognate experience
- Project Management Certificate/Diploma
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills, Computer literacy is mandatory
- Extensive project/engineering experience and proven working experience as a project engineer
- Excellent knowledge of electronic components testing, troubleshooting, faulty isolation and repairs
- AutoCAD skills is mandatory
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Decision-making ability and leadership skills
- Current engineer license
- Time management and organization skills
- Very good team management and delegation skills
- Must be able to use all Microsoft packages competently (Especially Excel, PowerPoint Outlook, word, Visio and Project)
- Significant working knowledge of design and visualization software such as AutoCAD
- Creative, Innovative, solution and goal-driven
- Previous experience in a start-up business is a plus
- Experience in an engineering service role
- Driving ability is mandatory
- Previous experience in an Engineering firm is an added advantage (Major in renewable energy, & Security Solution installation and management)
N900,000.00 - N960,000.00 Annually
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and relevant copies of qualification to: [email protected] using the Job Code as email subject.