Protege Management - Our client is the biggest Pharmaceutical manufacturer of medical consumables with the factory location in the Eastern part of Nigeria.
Due to market and operation expansions, the organisation is urgently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: National Sales / Marketing Manager
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
Report: Managing Director/CEO
- We are looking for a National Sales & Marketing Manager who will develop, grow and lead the business during the coming years, which are expected to deliver highly profitable growth.
- The position is based in Nigeria. The successful candidate will become an integral part of the sales and marketing team, and report directly to the Managing Director/ CEO.
- Sales to major customers and maintain important and sustainable relationships with key stakeholders.
- Identify and develop modern trade businesses in the area of responsibility.
- Prospect new customers
- Develop existing customers to their full potential for all valid products.
- Actively promote products.
- Secure professional processing of inquiries, orders, and complaints.
- Follow up offers, negotiate, and get orders in accordance with the value-based selling concept
- Maintain and develop a relationship with customers through regular contacts and visits and other specific promotional activities.
- Know the needs of prospective and existing customers, maximise their satisfaction, anticipate their requirements, and be a driving force of the innovation process of our customers.
- Keep all information of customers and suppliers updated in corresponding systems following internal guidelines.
- Follow up on credit limits and overdue.
- Develop a Strategy to Grow Brand.
- Collect and report market intelligence concerning e.g. price levels, competitor activities, market trends, etc.
- Prepare customer events.
- Participate in selected exhibitions and fairs based on directives from the Managing Director.
- 30-50% travel time envisaged with this job after the initial market research for 6months 1year.
- Be A Team Builder and Contributor to The Organisation
- It is furthermore expected that the National Sales Manager will promote the company at every opportunity, enhancing its profile in the market place.
- Work as an effective team member within the company as a whole, especially within the sales area team, thereby optimising communication and eliminating scope for error and misunderstanding.
- At all times take a pro-active approach to selling, actively chasing business, and pursuing inquiries and leads on behalf of the company.
- Constantly improve your own technical knowledge.
- Be willing to adopt new ways of working and to pursue learning and development programs upon request.
- Deputising colleagues (inside as well as on the field).
Qualification and Requirements
- University Degree BSc or Master's degree (Sales and Marketing related field).
- Minimum of 7 years' plus work experience in the sales of pharmaceutical products/medical consumables'.
- A keen interest in people, taste for, and skills in interpersonal contact (contact with the new prospects, regular exchanges with the firm Partners, and the marketing team, with the press.
- Self-motivated and independent.
- Excellent sense of client service target, process, and action-oriented, with a good understanding of customer priorities.
- Proactivity and initiative.
- Sense of confidentiality.
- A desire to succeed with a sales mission.
- A hunting spirit i.e. a desire to trace new business despite problems and resistance.
- Substantial knowledge of related computer programs
- Knowledge and experience from roles within sales and marketing.
Application Closing Date
9th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their PDF CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email