Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Information Technology Assistant
Location: Akwa Ibom
Career Category: Information and Communications Technology
- The IT Assistant will be responsible for the support and maintenance of all IT-related hardware and software, will troubleshoot all IT-related activities on the ground.
- He/she will troubleshoot and ensure that IT services are working optimally to support all staffs routine official work.
- He/she will support in building capacity of staff on basic IT procedures, disseminate and monitor implementation of agency’s IT updates.
- The IT Assistants will liaise with the IT officer for higher-level support and communicate IT needs accordingly through the IT officer.
- The IT Assistants will manage servers and keep an inventory of IT related equipment such as laptops.
- He/She will update IT Library (Hardware, Software and Configuration of system's documentations).
- He/she will monitor the external services provided by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
- HND or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 2 - 3years’ of demonstrated IT development and IT implementation or Enterprise systems administration experience
- Knowledge of Networking design and implementation.
- Installation and configuration and maintenance of Radio and VSAT equipment and servers.
- Has experience in developing and/or implementing backup systems for organizations
- Experience in managing cloud-based systems
- Experience in maintenance and repair of computer systems and servers.
- Experience in planning and expansion of network.
- Experience in database system design, testing, and troubleshooting
- Computers skills including the use of spreadsheets and automated financial management and reporting software.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate financial findings and analyses.
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title & Location" as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position and location you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org