Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Information Advisor
Location: Akwa Ibom
Career Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
- The Strategic Information (SI) Advisor for TMEC / RISE will provide high-level technical leadership and guidance at state level in planning and implementing appropriate SI / M&E and learning systems, activities and technical assistance for RISE / Nigeria.
- RISE / Nigeria will focus its support for service delivery in the following intervention areas: HIV testing services (HTS), HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) with RH / HIV integration, TB / HIV service integration, Laboratory services, and health systems strengthening.
- SI Advisor as member of the state management team, will represent the project at USG partners forums, stakeholders and donor engagement related to SI and program data management system.
- Master's degree in Epidemiology, Demography, Public Health, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline; doctoral-level degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ of experience with atleast 7 years’ core monitoring and evaluation of large-scale international HIV PEPFAR-funded projects, with proven capacity in building and managing a diverse team of technical and support staff
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID / PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health management information system and other national M&E systems
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating the dissemination and use of data for decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience in data quality assurance and implementation plans to improve data quality
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Strong data management and analysis skills and advanced knowledge of PowerBI, DHIS2, and electronic medical records
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least two of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 12th October, 2020. (COB)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using "Position & Location" as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer