Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Communications Expert - State Level
Location: Jigawa, Nigeria
Contract type: Short Term Consultancy Contract
- Options Consultancy seeks a State Level Communications Expert in Jigawa to provide strategic communications advice to support the implementation of Lafiya strategies related to Human Capital Development, the prioritisation of public investment in health and communication of health entitlements to citizens.
The summary purpose and objective of this role is to:
- Develop a strategy for raising the political profile of HCD to galvanise commitment for health spending.
- Support the State Primary Health Care Development Agencies (SPHCDA), Social Health Insurance Agencies (SHIA) and Public Relations Officers from the State Ministries of Health (SMOH) to develop state-specific communications strategies to reach citizens at scale with information on their health entitlements.
- Use of Technology: As needed the consultant will be expected to contribute to discussions on digital solutions for communications
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Technical expertise in advocacy, communications and behavioural sciences.
- Experience in using participatory approaches to develop messaging content for reaching political leaders, government and citizens.
- Experience working with development programmes, focused on health communication and supporting accountability for health outcomes.
- Proven ability to manage relationships with government ministries, state and local governments, service providers, communities, and other stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health system is a strong asset.
Commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click Here for more Information (PDF)
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Interviews will be held on a rolling basis as applications are received
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision