TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Requisition Number: PROJE01512
Job Category: Programs
Job Type: Full-Time
- The Project Manager (PM) will manage and represent the project in northern Nigeria. Through strong leadership and technical support, the PM will lead the overall implementation, and supervision of all program activities.
- S/he will be responsible to ensure quality and timeliness. It should be understood that the tasks outlined below are the key responsibilities, but the employee will be expected to perform any tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the program’s vision and objectives;
- Design and implement detailed workplan to identify, prioritize, and plan program activities for successful and timely delivery; and ensure mobilization of appropriate resources to deliver work plans;
- Interact closely with all relevant program partners and stakeholders;
- Support recruitment of program staff and consultants; Design and supervise their work;
- Raise proactively key risks and issues of concern to the Country Director;
- Monitor program budgets and approve program expenditures in accordance with budget and TechnoServe policy direction.
- Supply hands-on and specific advice to program staff and participants on how to achieve program targets and sustain achievements;
- Provide guidance and knowledge to aggregators on how to strengthen their linkage with smallholder farmers and farmer groups, maintain loyalty and avoid grain contamination;
- Design templates to monitor and report program performance.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Define clear, tangible, and achievable program indicators and targets, in close collaboration with Regional MEL Manager;
- Ensure appropriate systems and processes are in place to efficiently collect, analyze, and report on program data, in close collaboration with Regional MEL Manager;
- Ensure timely delivery of all deliverables of the project;
- Liaise and update donor regularly on program progress as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master's Degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness and/or related discipline. Any relevant combination of degrees would be a plus;
- Demonstrated experience implementing agriculture development programs in Nigeria for donors such USAID, DFID, World Bank, and/or Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, or similar; Experience in northern Nigeria is a plus;
- At least 4-6 years of managerial experience in agriculture production and market development, preferably with knowledge in maize and sorghum value chain development in Nigeria and/or elsewhere;
- Ability to engage and advise a broad range of stakeholders, including senior management of private sector companies, farmers at all levels, donor representatives, and others;
- Ability to structure and manage complex tasks, including experience in work planning and activity budgeting;
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills;
- Strong interpersonal and management skills, preferably with project/program management experience;
- Strong writing skills and proven ability to develop short and cohesive reports addressed to donors;
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English;
- Ability to communicate in Hausa is a must;
- Working knowledge of the project geography is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
16th October, 2020; 17h00 WAT.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
- TechnoServe encourages diversity at all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability, and all other protected classes.
- TechnoServe is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the employment application and selection process. If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact Human Resources Department at [email protected]