ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
JobTitle: Retention Support Volunteer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Responsible to: Supporter Services Advisor
Line Management: None
Duration: 1 year
Contract: Short Term
- The Retention Support Volunteer will be responsible for receiving inbound calls and making outbound call, follow up calls, conversion of ActionAid’s community sponsorship prospects and supporters.
- As a contact centre agent, s / he will be responsible for receiving calls in two languages; Hausa and English language, while also ensuring response to inquiries, managing mails, and engage with supporters via the chat engine and mobile phones.
- S / he will ensure the application of AAN policies and procedures in collaboration with the other members of the fundraising team. S / he will also manage the electronic documentation of data and donations.
- Support fundraising team with retention service
- Maintain good customer service skills in relating with prospects and supporters of ActionAid’s community sponsorship
- Ensure excellence in client service for inbound donation calls, outbound calls and other supporter calls and emails.
- Respond to all inquiries via e-mail, chat engine and call center facility
- Respond to queries and challenges with payment process and escalate same for quick resolution
- Information / complaints follow-ups and monitoring for a timely resolution.
- Archive all data received from prospects and supporters
- Archive testimonials from supporters
- Responsible for chatting professionally with prospects and supporters
- Schedule and make outbound calls following prepared scripts
- Follow up on supporters and prospects for donation
- Support donation process and any other funds received including gifts in kind, receipting and banking on a daily basis
Education / Qualifications:
- First degree in Social Sciences or Arts / Development Studies or related fields is essential
- Relevant NYSC programme support experience in customer service is essential
- Experience working in NGO on a similar role is desirable
Skill / Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak Hausa
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong organizing and reporting skills
Application Closing Date
21st October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single document in an MSWord attachment to: [email protected] Only electronically submitted forms will be considered.
Click Here For More Information
- Subject line of emails must clearly state Job Title of position and location applied for e.g. Retention Support Volunteer - Abuja
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.