Association for Reproductive & Family Health (ARFH) is a non-profit in Nigeria committed to improving the quality of life of underserved and vulnerable communities by promoting access to quality healthcare and harnessing community capacities for sustainable development.
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer (Community TB Project)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Reports to: The Senior Finance Officer
Specific Job / Responsibilities
- Collect and collate fund requests from Staff, CBOs and States TBL Control Programmes.
- Support data entry into Navision for the approval and payment process.
- Raise Payment Vouchers and Cheques.
- Support in the review of retirement of advances (Staff, CBOs and State TBL Control Programmes).
- Register and stamp “Paid” on all payment vouchers and scan documents for back-up in the cloud.
- Release Cheques to vendors and follow them up to obtain receipts
- Support in payment of participants at workshops
- Oversee all other financial matters of the project e.g.:
- Posting of daily transactions (Income & Expenditure) using Accounting Package.
- Filing of retired payment vouchers with supporting documents
- Carrying out banking transactions and recording of daily lodgment and withdrawals.
- Preparation and signing of payment vouchers for approval
- Posting of PVs and preparation of financial reports
- Any other duties as would be assigned from time to time.
- A minimum of HND / B.Sc. Degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant fields. A relevant Master’s Degree or partly qualified ACA/ACCA/CPA is an added advantage
- Must also have at least three (3) years’ working experience in a similar position, preferably with Non-Governmental organizations
- The successful candidate will manage the Navision (Microsoft Dynamics) Software of the organization, therefore, a strong skill in QuickBooks or Navision accounting software is very important. Other requirements are Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint with good analytical, interpersonal, communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English Language.
- Applicant must possess excellent planning and prioritization skills, be able to work independently and pay very close attention to details. Good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for Global Fund projects is essential.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in Only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Click Here to Fill Application Form
- Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- Kindly note this offer is consultancy-based for an initial period of two months (November and December 2020) and will be regularized as a full staff once the new TB grant is signed January, 2021.