Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN) is a registered local Non-governmental organization (NGO) with its head office in Kaduna. CCDRN partners with communities, philanthropists, government and donors to provide sustainable community development services in the areas of conflict resolution, peace building, economic empowerment, agriculture, health, education as well as governance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
- Centre for Community Development and Research Network (CCDRN), a National Non-Governmental Organization (NNGO) seeks a Data Analyst to Support its Organization M&E Unit.
- The Data Analyst will support the implementation and improvement of the MEAL system by advancing the analytical needs of CCDRN.
- She/he will bring together innovations and practices to identify and communicate data-driven insights that allow managers, program staff, and other field officers in an organization to make more informed decisions.
- She/he will support the coordination of data collection, data quality assurance, and capacity building of field staff on data management systems.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Data Analyst will report to the M&E Manager.
- Support design, implementation, and strengthening of CCDRN MEAL systems
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that are valuable for program improvement, operational research and decision making.
- Prepare reports that effectively communicate trends, patterns, info-graphs and forecasts.
- Support development of data flowchart, program indicators and data tools;
- Work closely with the M&E Manager to conduct research and program evaluation across CCDRN targeted communities’ in-line with donors/partners requirement.
- Ensure timely and quality data collection across all the projects locations;
- Contribute to program efforts to build the technical, system, and operational capacity of relevant stakeholders on the development and implementation of program data management systems (Analysis, Reporting and Data Storage);
- Design and implement electronic data collection (smartphone) and management of database servers and statistical applications such as SPSS, Python, GIS, Kobo, ODK, STATA, Microsoft Excel etc.
- Work closely with the MEAL Officer to conduct field visits for Data Quality Assurance (DQA) and provide feedback on areas of improvement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field. An advanced degree is preferred;
- Candidates should possess 3 - 10 years work experience.
- Proven skills in qualitative and quantitative analysis, as well as data visualization;
- Significant experience in research, data collection, dissemination methodologies, and data storage;
- Competence in using Statistical packages such as SPSS, Python, GIS, Kobo, ODK, STATA, and Microsoft Excel.
- Previous NGO experience and a strong knowledge of donors reporting requirements is an advantage; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork. Effective communication skills, able to make presentations and write professional analytical reports.
- Willingness to travel to any part of the country especially northeast Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
- Late application will not be considered.
- Please clearly indicate the Position and State in the subject line of your mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.