We Outsource Africa - Our client is an innovative Food and Agricultural firm that spread across the value chain of specific, well researched agricultural products and areas, where a strong advantage is felt utilizing technology and innovative models.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Oil Palm Plantation Manager
Locations: Delta, Benin, Edo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: Agriculture, Manufacturing, Technology
- We are currently sourcing for a Plantation Manager, who is to develop the technical approach for all major elements and then providing oversight during execution with vendors and strategic partners.
- Primary tasks include concept feasibility, scope of work development and review, vendor assessment and selection, vendor oversight, project delivery, management, risk identification and mitigation, field installation strategy, oversight of field test and adjust.
- In addition to the safety and technical aspects of the job, budget, schedule and creative constraints will be incorporated into all decisions.
- Develop the project plan for the establishment of up to 100,000 Ha Sustainable Palm Plantation and set-up of a sustainable Palm Milling Factory.
- Manage the plantation end-to-end.
- Make direct technical and commercial contributions to projects as required relative to design, sourcing, engineering, right seed selection, farming best practices, land yield improvements, code and standards compliance, and technical systems achievement of creative and business goals.
- Recruit talent and build the organization (up to 500 people).
- Possess strong relationships and networks in the Palm Agribusiness landscape.
- Review all scope of work and RFPs.
- Reviews/develops the technical plans and progress for the client projects as assigned.
- Enforces specifications, standards, and technical contracting methods.
- Leads the project technical team in assessing and mitigating commercial, technical and schedule risk.
- Develop and execute innovations/inventions that provide increased productivity.
- Drive safety improvements across project.
- Monitor compliance with regulations and internal standards; develop new safety technologies; and ensure that safety protocols reflect plantation and factory best practices and cutting-edge ideas.
- Works seamlessly across multiple, cross-functional and cross-cultural teams with the client to ensure a best world class project delivery.
- Ability to establish contacts and work with senior levels of leadership within the potential partner or customer organization effectively and strike long-term, mutually beneficial relationships.
Requirements, Education & Experience
- Master's degree in relevant field from a reputable university.
- 10 to 15 years technical and business experience, 10 years in technical leadership position in Plantation development and management, and 5 years in engineering.
- Ideal applicant must have spent 2 years as an Expatriate in an emerging market, Africa will be an added advantage.
- Strong market orientation, entrepreneurial and innovative thinker.
- Result oriented, able to self-start, passionate about technology and agriculture, proven track record of managing multi-million dollar projects on time and budget.
- Embraces complexity, multi-disciplinary, curious, appreciates different perspectives and cultures.
- Very good verbal and written skills (fluency in English).
Application Closing Date
3oth November, 2020.