Lendigo is a Fin-Tech company, based in Lagos Nigeria. Lendigo focus is to change the way African SME's access working capital.
Lendigo provides quick and easy access to short term financing without collateral for SMEs in order to solve their current cash flow problems. Lumpy cash flow and long payment cycles put a strain on a small business's working capital. Lendigo's quick and easy solution enables SMEs to cash in their invoices within 48 hours. Lendigo is backed by Seedstars, a Swiss-based venture capital firm.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Underwriting and Compliance Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- Analyze various risk elements of our clients under the assigned industry sectors/products
- Collaborate with Management Team on continuously updating the automated credit scoring model using modern credit risk management methodologies
- Oversee the maintenance of credit quality and provide feedback
- Ensure consistent and complete credit applications
- Monitor and supervise the status of problem loans
- Evaluate clients for creditworthiness based on our credit compliance policy
- Weed out fraudulent applications, and unreliable applicants, profile for adverse credit
- Set up new and innovative underwriting models and workflows
- Manage compliance with internal policies, workflow procedures, regulations, etc
- Managing key relationships with internal stakeholders in order to maintain a strategic view of the business and risks, issues and dependencies
- Other credit related work/projects as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, or related quantitative field. MA or MSc degree a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years working experience within the financial sector (capital markets, commercial banking, accounting, tax, etc.) within a credit function
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, quantitative approach to understanding problems in finance and attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and manage multiple and conflicting tasks and work schedules within job function and for the wider organization
- Previous experience in the SME area with credit risk, collections, or compliance is a plus as is commercial business acumen
- Dependable, positive and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Have a desire to help small businesses
- A team player, a quick thinker and a fast learner
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excited about growing your career within a rapidly growing company.
Benefits and Perks
- Exposure to cultures and ecosystems from over 80 countries within Seedstars ecosystem
- Build your network in emerging markets of tech entrepreneurs and investors
- Join a young, passionate, hungry and growing team of entrepreneurs and facilitators
- Bootstrap salary (open compensation model available based on experience, location, seniority, etc...).
Why work at Lendigo?
- We have a successful business model that’s scaling rapidly
- Be part of a small and ambitious team - we’re always learning, and continuously improving
- You’ll enjoy our high integrity and customer centric approach to SME business lending
- You’ll thrive in our result-driven culture and be positioned to create tremendous impact
- You’ll work with talented teammates who know how to have fun while delivering for our customers.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.