The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels.
The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To support quality and prompt service delivery in IHVN supported sites. IHVN is sourcing for suitably qualified young and dynamic Medical Doctor to fill the position below:
Job Title: State / Clinical Lead
Job Location: Ogun State
Department: Prevention, Care and Treatment (PCT)
Reports to: Director of Technical Programs
Job Type: Full Time
The State / Clinical Lead will collaborate closely with the National and State TB program Teams to implement TB Program activities and will be responsible for ensuring the success of all USAID TB-LON 3 activities in the State. S / He is expected to lead the TB-LON 3 State team and coordinate all partner activities within the State. S / he would perform the following:
- Support facility and community assessments for the strategic expansion of TB services
- Support the State TB program and the Sub-Awardee/Implementing Entities to create awareness and demand for TB services
- Lead and participate in capacity building activities for public and private (formal and informal) TB service providers
- Support the State TB program to accelerate case finding initiatives, coordinate prompt enrollment, treatment initiation and monitoring of all diagnosed DS and DR-TB patients in the State
- Organize & conduct regular health facility and community supervision to ensure the delivery of high quality TB services to the beneficiaries, as outlined in the National guidelines, as well as timely data collection, collation and reporting
- Support State TB program at all levels on routine data review, analysis, presentation and utilization
- Support and facilitate PPM coordination and TB-HIV collaboration within the State
- Regularly track the timely implementation of State work plan and budget
- Periodically prepare reprogramming plans to ensure the alignment of new strategies to the project objectives
- Deploy appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track progress on program implementation and utilization of resources to guide staff and Sub-awardees as appropriate
- Assist the Project Headquarters in coordinating the project portfolio to ensure key performance indicators (KPI) are met and LON impact is in line with defined strategies strategy
- Ensure the submission of quality project programmatic, M&E, financial and PSM reports within the set timelines
- Develop technical briefs, reports, presentations and provide strategic information to IHVN management, the Ministry of Health, relevant MDAs, USAID and other key stakeholders
- Ensure staff and sub-grantees’ compliance with all institutional, administrative and operational policies and procedures as well as donor regulations as applicable
- Perform other additional duties as assigned by the Director of Technical Programs and Chief of Party(COP)
- M.B;B.S. or the relevant Medical degree
- Master's degree or its equivalent or higher degree in public health, health program planning and management, or other relevant field preferred
- At least five years of professional experience in TB and other public health program implementation, developing and managing partnerships, including brokering public-private partnerships
- Proven experience in leadership, capacity building, planning and management
- Demonstrable experience in successful implementation of USAID or other donor-funded programs designed to strengthen the health sector at national and/or sub-national government levels
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in the Ministry of Health and related MDAs in Nigeria, particularly in Ogun or other South West States
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership, coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Strong networking and representational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English as well as presentation skills, with proven experience in analyzing data and developing PowerPoint presentations and other reports.
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to "Deputy Director, Human Resources" through this email address: [email protected]
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.