ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Contract: Fixed term
Responsible to: Finance Manager (Partnership)
Line Management: None
- The post holder will ensure maintenance of adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers
- S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of ActionAid Nigeria and partner organizations.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports as required by the project
- Attend to project specific internal/external audit
- Work with the Finance Manager on the financial planning processes of the long term (three-year planning) and short term (annual budgeting) plans that feed into the National Plans.
- Work with other members of the project team in planning and forecasting
- Follow through ActionAid Nigeria communication procedures with donor and implementing partners
- Strictly adhere to AA Nigeria policies and procedures and observance with agreement or donor Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Support Implementing partners organisations’ grant management process
- Provide organizational development support to Implementing partner organisations
- Support capacity assessment, financial and accounting processes review, and prepare reports on partner organizations as may be assigned by the Finance ManagerPartnership
- Provide financial support to fundraising and proposal writing for the organisation
- Monitor and review staff advances, retirements, and post hold journals
- Responsible for reconciliation of projects, bank accounts and other assigned ledgers
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager and Management.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: All AAN staff
- External: AAN Partners and other stakeholders.
- First Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Relevant accounting professional certification
- At least three (3) years post NYSC experience, which should have been spent in a finance position.
- Experience in implementing financial control systems
- Development sector experience as a finance person.
- Sound Practical Knowledge of any accounting software and Spreadsheets
- Ability to work well with or without supervision
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative
- Knowledge of SUN accounting software is an added advantage
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- High sense of integrity
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives
Application Closing Date
2nd November, 2020.