FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant, Special Project
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Reports to: Senior Program Officer, Special Projects
- Supports Program Management in the Country Office with administrative, clerical, logistical and programmatic assistance, including direct support to the Special Projects.
- Assist Program Management staff with responding to administrative and programmatic requests from HQ, donors, country / zonal offices and other FHI team members; Assist with planning technical assistance visits, workshops, and meetings.
- Coordinate on arrangements for travel undertaken by team members, consultants or colleagues from FHI HQ; Assist with developing of FCO requests and other routine programmatic activities; Assist with information research and data assembly for presentations or reports made by team members.
- Provide support with documentation, record keeping and filing for the Department Perform other related duties for program management as may be assigned by the Director or Associate Directors.
- Coordinate scopes of work for technical assistance visits, process travel authorization expense reports and consultancy agreements, and follow up with consultants on related travel and administrative needs.
- Research and prepare briefing materials as necessary for team members. Assist with preparing and compiling reports on a variety of technical and non-technical topics.
- Assist with coordinating assembly, review and approval of subproject documents; Assist program staff in tracking the status of country program implementation.
- Assist with preparing, compiling and record-keeping of program documents, budgets and reports. Ensure that travel arrangements are carried out in a timely manner and conform to the overall policy and regulations of FHI.
Expertise and Complexity:
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis. Use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Be accurate, complete and meticulous in record-keeping and documentation English written and verbal communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Relevant computer software skills including Microsoft office products. Familiarity with public health, international development, and / or social science research.
Type and Nature of Contacts:
- Interact with colleagues both in the Country and state offices, Communicate with GoN and other public officials clearly and politely. Communicate and provide information to consultants, FHI Headquarters and occasional external contacts with tact and accuracy.
Supervisory and Budget Responsibility:
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Usual office working conditions
- BS / BA preferably in Public Health or other related fields.
- 1-3 years relevant work experience in programs administration
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.