FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer - Special Projects
Job Type: Full time
Report to: Associate Director, Special Projects
- Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Special Projects, the SPO provides program management support and coordination in planning, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of assigned project activities.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the AD Special Projects to provide support to and coordinate assigned FHI Nigeria project activities in accordance with the respective donor guidelines and regulations.
- Assist in strengthening systems of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks for each assigned projects.
- Ensure all implementing agencies reports are submitted within required standards and timelines.
- Assist the AD Special Projects in the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Supervise the work of the Program Officers and IAs in implementing, tracking and following up on work plans, budgets and deliverables for each assigned project.
- Assist the AD Special Projects in the provision of programmatic assistance to local FHI partners in programming disease intervention activities.
- Work with the AD Special projects to oversee technical capacity building activities at the national, state and local government levels and for local implementing agencies and other partners.
- Remain informed on current programs and research in the public health in which FHI operates.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the AD Special projects, Director PM and the Country Director.
- Bachelor's degree in Medicine, Public Health or the Behavioural Sciences with 3-5 years experience (BSc 5-7 years), and a minimum of 5 years in public health, and experience working with NGOs and CBOs required.
- Candidates with experience working on international donor-funded projects will have an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of health systems strengthening programming, and of project monitoring a must.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A multi-skilled person able to perform duties across different technical areas (multitasking) Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries.
- Capacity to work as a team member of a diverse and multi-skilled international team across different locations in Nigeria.
- Ability to organize own work effectively and supervise the work of subordinate staff and IAs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both internally with FHI colleagues and externally with development partners, IAs, stakeholders and other FHI partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High-level narrative reporting and budgetary development and tracking skills.
- Capacity to travel in Nigeria for at least 25% of the time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The above job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.