Tractrac is a technology innovation start-up out of Abuja working with development agencies working with smallholder farmers to increase the food security situation across the sub-region by intervening in the Mechanization value chain.
Our vision is to crowdfund tractors for smallholder farmers is to improve their lives by facilitating a convergence for private sector investments in the agricultural mechanization process and technology to access affordable tractor services across Africa. A convergence where farmers and cooperatives-led tractor hiring services providers can own their own tractors and have access to technology that improves the utilization of their tractors.
Ultimately, we will catalyse the development of competitive and sustainable mechanization market and agribusiness in Africa as a pathway to increased economic growth and food security in the continent of Africa. Recognizing that agriculture in Nigeria will remain a labour-intensive sector, increasing agricultural productivity, facilitating value chain integration, and directing investment toward the agriculture sector will enhance employment opportunities for unskilled labor, contribute to regional food security and stability, and provide one of the most useful vehicles for moving populations out of extreme poverty.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Fellowship Program
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Program Commencement: 1st December, 2020
- Work with various stakeholders to facilitate availability and affordability of tractor services by leveraging financing from individual and the private sector, onboard and train 4,000 service agents to reach 200,000 farmers with tractor services before the end of 2021.
Tractrac Fellowship Program
The Four to Twelve-month fellowship program is designed to attract individuals that are passionate about AgTech in Africa and are willing to learn and contribute their knowledge to the development of the sector. The Program will provide an intensive learning opportunity for investment and assets management professionals who work with Agric businesses, develop leaders committed to sustainable agriculture and AgTech business.
Tractrac is accepting applications from individuals interested in seeking to develop their careers further in any of the following 3 areas:
Investment and Assets Management:
- Play a key role in designing innovative investment products and executing existing investment strategies across all existing products/service,
- Participate in pitching different investment options to different investors and financial institution, with a thorough understanding of ROIs and assets management,
- Ensure that all compliance and regulatory requirements of the Fund are met and strictly adhered to,
- Provide deal structuring and financial arranging solutions to investment projects of Tractrac, and oversee the creation of SPVs for approved projects.
- Mobilize networks, build partnerships and collaborations in order to drive growth in identification, selection and engagement of various stakeholder,
- Conduct thorough financial and non-financial due diligence and present and recommend the most relevant investment opportunities to different stakeholder,
- Develop and maintain the network of agents, tractor vendors, booking and hiring agents, mechanizations services providers and the government
Startup and technology Management:
- Evaluating how new business models can be applied effectively to create new value, understanding how Tractrac can best leverage the assets of corporate partners to create competitive advantage, and examining market size and building the business case of for the business.
- Gather information from the ecosystems to assess market opportunities and feasibility of innovation concepts
- Develop compelling product strategies, competitive analysis, roadmaps, and product requirements documents (PRDs) to communicate VSP’s vision
- Have a degree in Engineering, Sciences, Project Management, Finance/Investment or any related degree;
- Candidates should possess 1 - 4 years work experience.
- Be a resident of Abuja, FCT, Abuja;
- Be between 22 and 30 years;
- Be committed to values associated with improving the lives of smallholder farmers;
- Should possess exceptional researching and writing skills including presentation skills, have strong interpersonal skills and empathy, be attentive to detail, have the ability to think outside of the box, and have a strong commitment to individual freedom as well as an interest in AgTech business, Mechanization/Tractors and Value Chain Development.
- Have experience managing a small business and startup experience; or experience from investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or angel investing
- Self-starter with project management and leadership experience
- Have the ability to develop relationships and make connections with anyone, anywhere
- Experience owning a work stream in a project and structuring analysis, developing recommendations and presenting results
- Program or project management experience, ensuring that deadlines are met, and operations run effectively and efficiently
- Team player with strong leadership skills - you take ownership of your team and their work and you are willing to help people around you to become even better
What will you gain?
You’ll embark on an exciting and flexible, 16-week journey in which you will benefit from:
- Mentoring from experts in the field;
- Exposure to various business and soft skills;
- Monthly stipend
- In addition to helping young graduates learn skills that can be applied in future endeavors, this program will support the graduate’s professional development and will give them skills that will enhance their portfolios.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in a single PDF to: [email protected] using " Fellowship Program 2020" as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
Note: If you’re passionate about this opportunity but don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for, apply, we still want to hear from you!