A foremost Indigenous Forensic Services company is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Forensic Specialist
Locations: Abuja (FCT) and Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are seeking to engage the services of a Digital Forensic Specialist to work for and deliver consultation on behalf of our organisation with respect to digital crime and cyber security.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- The digital forensic specialist is required to possess a high level of competence in computer science and information security.
- Must have a solid understanding of modern digital forensic methodologies, processes, hardware and software.
- Must have a firm grasp of current requirements for the introduction of digital forensic evidence in Nigerian and International legal proceedings as he/she may be required to conduct digital forensic analysis at crime scenes, training and consult on behalf of the company, and where necessary testify in court.
- Conduct validation testing of digital forensic tools.
- Maintain evidential chain-of custody and perform digital data acquisition of a wide variety of digital mediums.
- Research and document new cybercrime & digital forensic technologies, techniques, and procedures.
- Maintain awareness of emerging platforms that can be used for malicious or hostile actions directed against the company and its clients.
- Conduct forensic examination of computers, servers, and portable electronic devices and work with stakeholders as they investigate computer related incidents
- Proficiency in conducting live analysis on systems, and use of multiple platforms is desired.
- Must be competent in searching for information that may have been deleted, hidden or lost in large datasets.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with a wide variety of computer operating systems and network environments including Windows, OS X, and Linux knowledge of additional platforms a plus.
- Must have sound understanding of general information systems security, network architectures, database concepts, e-mail systems, Office, common intrusion tools and techniques, and commercial off-the-shelf computer forensic tools.
- Must possess the ability to write reports of findings for potential use in legal and administrative proceedings and to verbally explain findings to less-experienced non-technical persons.
- Excellent analytical skills and be able to multi-task efficiently. Prior experience as an expert-witness in digital forensics a plus. Ability to work independently as well as with small group
- Candidates should be willing to travel at short notice anywhere within country
- B.Sc (Acceptable)
- M.Sc (Preferred)
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree in any of the following: Digital Forensic, Cyber Security and Computer Forensics
- Master's Degree in a related field OR 3 years of specialized experience in digital forensics
- Applicants must reside in any of the following - Lagos / Abuja.
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applicant should add expected salary range to their email
- An Equal Opportunity employee females, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.