A foremost indigenous Forensic Services Company is seeking to engage the services of suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Forensic Scientist
Locations: Abuja (FCT) and Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Job: Forensic Science
A foremost indigenous forensic services company is seeking to engage the services of a Forensic Scientist to work for and deliver consultation on behalf of our organisation with respect to Forensics science.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in any of the following life or applied science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Forensic Science, Pharmacology , medical laboratory science or medicine (Acceptable).
- An MSc in any forensic specialization (Forensic Chemistry, Forensic Biology, Forensic Pathology, Forensic Psychology, Forensic Archaeology Forensic Odontology or Forensic Science) is an added advantage competence as a forensic analyst in a designated forensic science specialization within one year of the date of hire. With good interpersonal skills, good use of Ms office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Candidates should possess 0 - 5 years work experience.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess a sound knowledge of current methodologies and techniques used in forensic science and criminal investigations especially with regards to chemistry and biology including presumptive test.
- Possess a firm grasp of underlying principles involved in analyses of biological samples, organic and inorganic substances including solutions preparation for use in testing and operating laboratory equipment.
- Be proficient in developing and/or applying established standard operating procedures to determine the presence of drugs, alcohol, poisons, biological fluids (i.e. saliva, blood, semen) etc.
- Be proficient in developing and/or applying established standard operating procedures to the analysis of trace evidence such as, hairs, paint, fibres, GSR, glass and explosives/ignitable liquids.
- Thorough understanding of crime scene management, maintenance of chain of custody and evidence handling, with the ability to prepare laboratory notes and reports and liaise with law enforcement and other authorized personnel of results
- Ability to explain test protocols and other procedures to non-expert and provide technical advice and/or leadership at crime scenes.
- Coordinate the maintenance of chain of custody for all evidence types by our organisation adhering to set protocols for requesting, receiving, packaging, returning and documenting case-related items and materials.
- Commit to adhering to internal Quality Control& Assurance and Quality Management Systems and SOPs.
- Take ownership of your own continuous professional development with support from our organisation.
- Conduct DNA analysis from sample obtained from a variety of evidence type from extraction through to interpretation.
- Carry out step down training on forensic subject matter to internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills and be able to multi-task efficiently. Ability to work independently as well as with small group
- Candidates should be willing to travel at short notice anywhere within country
- Applicants must reside in any of the following - Lagos/Abuja
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
- Applicant should add expected salary range to their email
- An equal opportunity employer, females, veterans, and persons living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.