Verdant Homes is a Lagos-based real estate investment and development firm. The firm is positioned as a classic and opportunistic development entity, seeking to identify and execute attractive development opportunities, building the best quality project at the lowest cost, in the shortest amount of time and with the lowest risk exposure. A focus on quality and innovative design are at the center of all Native Land developments. We commission and coordinate world-renowned architects to create places which contribute positively to those that live, work and enjoy them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Project Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of the construction project; monitor and coordinate work performed by architectural, engineering, and construction departments/contractors.
- Determine and define the scope of work and deliverables
- Establish performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that all requirements/targets are being met within time; prepare project specifications, and coordinates procurement, as appropriate.
- Researches and prepares various reports pertaining to operations, equipment, policies, procedures, and/or other issues, as appropriate.
- Monitor and prepare detailed reports of the progress of construction activities as they play out in the development
- Issue progress updates as needed regarding costs and timelines
- Review and interpret proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiates revisions where appropriate; advise contractors and non-technical engineers on how best to achieve required results.
- Participate in the planning and formulation of design alternatives/repairs and solutions for the construction project; provides conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents.
- Develop and/or administer project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; perform project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate to ensure that costs is managed to meet budget
- Ensure that project operations are in compliance with design specifications
- Direct work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing operations.
- Inspects, approves, and accepts completed projects, ensuring conformance with institutional standards, building and life safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications.
- Represent Verdant Homes in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
- Any other tasks as per the company & job requirement.
- Must be a certified Project Management Professional
- B.Sc. or advanced degree in Building Construction, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, orArchitecture is required
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in project management within construction which must include cognate experience as site engineer in building/construction
- Strong cognizance/control of technical documents, blueprints and drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other required technical software
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction, engineering, and architecture principles
- Ability to budget, schedule, negotiate, and control costs
- High degree of familiarity with contract and subcontract documents, terms, and conditions.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a strong HSE and Quality focus
- Must be detail oriented
Application Closing Date