Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose - to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: KYC Compliance Officer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Risk & Compliance Associate
Sector: Consumer Finance
- The KYC (Know-Your-Customer) compliance Officer is responsible for opening, amending, reviewing and exiting customers according to established policies and procedures
- The officer should also review customer accounts and detect and report irregularities in KYC data or account behaviour
- The ideal candidate should also be of high ethical standard, analytical and work diligently to complete their duties keeping in mind the objectives of the business.
- Perform due diligence on new customers by reviewing and verifying their KYC documentation and making an analytical risk assessment based on information provided;
- Appropriately place customers on the right KYC level according to information provided.
- Periodically evaluate existing customers according to established policies and procedures;
- Periodically review KYC records for completeness and validity that the files and risk assessments are current and up to date; ensuring that due diligence standards are complied with;
- Ensure compliance with all Anti Money Laundering (AML) laws, regulations, guidelines, written procedures; OFAC, CIP, KYC, customer / transaction monitoring.
- Investigate high risk clients and report where necessary, including politically exposed persons, and obtaining all necessary documentation to complete their record;
- Maintain continuous contact with customers in order to keep customer file and KYC records updated.
- Process and amend customer KYC records;
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with relevant internal and external parties to obtain KYC documents;
- Perform further investigation on identified suspicious customers and report to the AML compliance officer;
- Responsible for a good understanding of due diligence regulations, and internal policies and procedures;
- Other specific projects or task which may rise from time to time.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- B.Sc / B.A or equivalent Degree.
- Must have completed NYSC
- Show Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must have good planning and time management/prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently and to liaise with other departments
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Ability to learn and use application and web portals
- Ability to learn and review applicable regulations.
- Ability to learn fast
- Attention to detail
- Self- driven and hardworking
- Multitask and manage competing priorities
- Creative and resourceful
- Good team player
Application Closing Date