Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Manager - Skills for Prosperity, Nigeria
Ref Id: req10185
Project Overview and Role
- Global Prosperity Fund’s ‘Skills for Prosperity’ is a £75m DFID programme, which seeks to improve the cost-effectiveness, access, quality, relevance and equity of skills through innovative approaches in 9 Middle-Income Countries around the world.
- In Nigeria, the Skills for Prosperity (S4P) country programme will work in six targeted states to:
- Improve access to quality Higher Education and Technical and Vocational Education and Training for youth and young women
- Strengthen education-to-employment linkages, and
- Build the capacity of training institutions to improve outcomes for vulnerable women and people with disabilities.
- Interventions will focus on identified high growth sectors of the economy (Agriculture/Agribusiness/agro-allied industries; Creative and Entertainment, and Information and Communications Technology sectors).
- S4P aims to directly benefit 6,000 youth and women in targeted states of Kano, Kaduna, Enugu, Edo, Benue and Lagos.
- We are looking for talented individuals with a relevant track record, and interest or experience in the private sector and skills training. Most of all we are looking for team members with the drive to tackle new and complex challenges and work with us to learn, adapt and deliver sustainable benefits for Nigeria.
- As well as a competitive salary, bonus and benefits, we are an outgoing, creative, and supportive team and offer a personally and professional rewarding environment above all.
- Responsible for programme management and implementation at state level
- Lead and manage the programme team in the state
- Oversee and facilitate all S4P skills development interventions in the state
- Lead the development of policy at state level on behalf of the programme
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders in state and local government
- Collaborate with and report to the intervention managers (PSD, Skills and Equity) to ensure successful execution of interventions at state level
- Work with MREL team to assess the impact, demand and feasibility of the interventions and facilitate monitoring
- Support with developing relevant communications at state level.
- Extensive experience working in or with the education and skills sector in the state, especially in higher education, vocational training, or apprenticeships
- High-level experience with appreciable local network in government, private sector and civil society within the state
- Outstanding project manager with relevant experience coordinating activities and local teams as part of education and skills programmes or initiatives
- Fluency in English and the main language(s) of the state.
Application Closing Date