Avant Halogen - Our client, a top Pension Fund Administrator is recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Team Leader
Locations: Abuja and Lagos
- The Team Leader, the glue that holds the sales team together, provides the training and motivation to the team to reach sales goals.
- The work environment is dynamic, and the Team Leader is responsible for holding meetings, delegating responsibilities, solving problems and championing closing opportunities to open new retirement savings account, relationship management and deep engagement of key influencers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist marketing officers and other support staff in identifying and closing RSA sales: The Team Leader oversees the sales team, assisting team members with sales strategy development and implementation. This includes developing strategic sales plans that expand the customer base and increase retention of existing clients.
- Keep Informed of New Products and Services: To hit sales targets and achieve growth, the Team Leader must continue to develop knowledge of the products and services being offered. They also need a working knowledge of the pension industry’s climate and competition to effectively implement the sales strategy and deliver agreed target for the team.
- Recruit, Train, and Coach the Sales Team: The Team Leader help define sales job requirements, assisting in the search for the best candidates and taking part in the interview process. A large part of the job is providing sales team members with tips and training to achieve a competitive edge in the Pension industry. Sales Team Leaders orient the new sales staff and focus on improving the job performance and sales of existing staff.
- Delegate Tasks and Set Deadlines The Team Leader delegate tasks to marketing executives and support whilst taking into consideration experience, skill-set and ability to deliver on specific task and responsibilities.
- Set Sales Targets and Motivate Sales Team The Team Leader set daily, weekly, or monthly sales goals to meet corporate goal assigned to the team. The role also involves motivation of team members to reach individual sales goals and encourage the staff to work better and smarter, rather than harder.
Education and Experience
- First degree or equivalent in Marketing, Business or Finance.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in similar role in a PFA
- A proven track record of meeting sales team target, holding meetings with Pension Desk officers, HR Managers and partners in sales management.
- Sales Industry Experience - The Team Leader manages the people who generate sales. To be successful as a Team Leader or supervisor in sales, experience and a working knowledge of the sales industry is important
- Leadership and Motivation skills - The Team Leader motivates employees to reach sales goals and needs to be able to effectively train, encourage, inspire and reward team members for their achievements
- Customer Service skills - sales roles are customer focused, and the Team Leader needs to be able to guide team members in providing excellent service to customers
- Organization skills - To effectively delegate tasks to team members and keep track of sales goals, the Team Leader needs to be well organized
- Communication skills - Sales Team Leader is the link that holds the sales team together, the source of information, training, and motivation for the sales staff - they need to communicate all aspects of the sales operation to managers and team members
- Computer skills - Proficiency in the use of MS office (word, excel & PowerPoint), virtual meeting tools and data analysis.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using "BD Team Leader Lagos or BD Team Leader Abuja" depending on their location as the subject of the email.