Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Project Title: Youth-powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health and Well-being program
Reports to: Finance & Administration Director
Project Duration: 5 years
Level of Effort: Full Time
- The Youth-powered Ecosystem to Advance Urban Adolescent Health and Well-being activity is a five-year USAID funded programme in Nigeria, beginning in May 2020.
- The program, in partnership with select local NGOs will foster, develop and support an ecosystem of safe spaces for youth to gain life-skills, access sexual, reproductive health and rights (SRHR) information as well as referrals to local facilities.
- The primary goal of the programme is to improve the health and well-being of urban, poor adolescents; ages 15–19, by increasing voluntary family planning (FP) uptake and continued use from a holistic, human capital perspective.
- Under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Director, the Administrative Officer will provide administrative and operations support to the programme.
- She/he will be responsible for the day-to-day management of administrative functions for the YPE4AH programme. Including office management, travels, and file maintenance.
- Ensure that project records are maintained in accordance with the approved records management procedures (Record Map Policy) and keep the project records map current. Manage daily administrative and clerical services for the program team.
- Organize, manage, and process all official program correspondence.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Serve as the administrative officer to the YPE4AH project lead and provide administrative support to the project office.
- Receive, review, and control all incoming and outgoing correspondence, and distribute mails and messages for the project.
- Screen calls and visitors and handle routine matters independently, using tact and discretion in the handling of sensitive programmatic/financial matters and issues directed to the unit leads.
- Receive, review, record, and distribute all incoming vouchers and other payment claims.
- Scan and file all processed vouchers.
- Manage and maintain the central financial filing system of the office.
- Maintain a system of inventory management that will prevent both stock-outs as well as pile-ups of office consumables (stationery, beverages, water, etc.)
- Manage the YPE4AH’s calendar, scheduling of appointments, training, and other gatherings.
- Act as the official contact in the handling of courier/postal services and responding to all inquiries, requests, and complaints from external parties.
- Provide support to all programme activities for the state offices.
- Support project Accountant with financial transactions from state programme offices
- Assist in the Project Procurement process.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in any of the social sciences
- Minimum of 3 years work experience on a donor-funded project
- Familiarity with USAID and US Government rules and regulations is an added advantage.
- The employee needs to be able to work independently, to establish priorities, and to deal comfortably with all Chief of Party’s counterparts, project partners, relevant stakeholders and clientele.
- Strong skills in office administration and organization are needed.
- Good knowledge of administrative procedures.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills to interact with diplomacy and tact, and follow up on requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Fluency in English and effective communication skills are required
- Good operational knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. MS Word and Excel. Thorough knowledge of office management, secretarial, time keeping and travel procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant Government of Nigeria administration regulations is also useful.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
- DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website (www.dai.com).
- Please use the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.