Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer - Countdown Project
Reports to: Finance Manager Nigeria
Responsible for: Driver / Admin Asst
Department: Finance and Performance
Job Purpose (The overall purpose and function of the job)
- The Finance and Admin Officer is responsible for maintaining of the financial record keeping and reporting system, assist in the day to day operations and also assist with the maintenance of organisational polices and procedure.
- They will also be responsible for financial reporting to Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine.
Key Accountabilities (Specific activities and end results)
Financial Management (50% of time):
- Ensure financial control and managing risk
- Ensure conformity to the policies and procedures of the contract with specific emphasis on:
- Financial Management & Controls
- Financial Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Financial Monitoring & Audits
- Monitor and Retain financial record
- Verify claims by programme implementers and recommend for payment
- Ensure compliance to local regulations and governance requirements
Programme Admin (40%):
- Implement and maintain vehicle, fleet logistics and movement protocols, including vehicle maintenance, fleet documentation, pre-travel authorization, travel insurance and vehicle and equipment protocols
- Tracking, monitoring and inventory analysis of the programmes and supplies employing the use of monitoring tools, spread sheets and data bases.
Programme Management (10%):
- Support, administer and strengthen financial management, accountability and capacities of partners in accordance with the principles of the contract.
- Develop and provide grant management support
- Ensure proper financial monitoring of partners including audit of funds provided.
- Ensure partners comply with the policies and procedures of the contract and retain appropriate financial and drugs records
- Research Manager and Officers
- Finance Manager
- Research Consultants
- Programme Planning and Reporting team
- Institutional Funding Advisor
- Country Director
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Ministry of Health in Ogun, Kaduna and Kwara States
- Federal Ministry of Health
- Other Partners
Job Holder Entry Requirements (The essential knowledge, skills and behaviours)
Knowledge (Education and related Experience):
- University degree (or equivalent) in Accounting or Finance (a professional accounting qualification will be an added advantage)
- Working experience, ideally in an INGO environment but experience of audit and government organization would also be advantageous
- Experience of financial management of Donor Funds.
- Previous experience working in a multidisciplinary team in a health sector setting or research.
Skills (special training or competence):
- Project Financial management and data analysis skills
- Project administration and management skills
- Excellent communication skills (both oral & written)
- Capacity building or facilitation skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- IT skill – Proficiency Excel, MS Word, an accounting package and emailing
- Ability to understand and work with project budgets, forecasts and reports.
- Sightsavers core behaviours are:
- Change and Improvement
- Communicating and Influencing
- Decision Making
- Team Working
- Planning and Organising
- Delivery and Implementation
- Plus, we would expect the following:
- Interpersonal and intercultural sensitivity
- High degree of integrity
- Active listener
Application Closing Date
18th November, 2020.