The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria - An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (LA)
Location: Kafanchan, Kaduna
- The Logistics Assistant (LA) is responsible for supporting operations in all activities outside of Abuja. Under the guidance of the Logistics Officer, the LA will support a range of operational duties than span from maintaining inventory and ensuring compliance to the operational policies. This position is based in Kafanchan with frequent travel within the program LGAs and to Abuja.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Logistics Assistant will report to the Logistics Officer based in Abuja. The LA will maintain strong and consistent communications with other members of the Operations Team in and outside of Abuja and the Operations Manager in Abuja.
Primary Responsibilities And Deliverables
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Under the guidance of the Logistics Officer, ensure that office operational policies are followed and compliant with policies.
- Support the maintenance of inventory and coordinating compliance with project and donor policies.
- Assist with office operations and procedures; managing the filing systems; supply requisitions (stationery, utility payments).
- Under the guidance of the Logistics Officer, coordinate Program Drivers outside of Abuja, fleet management and efficient use of project vehicles outside of Abuja, and other transportation services as required by the Program Team outside of Abuja.
- Support coordination and maintenance of systems related to housekeeping.
- Support travel bookings outside of Abuja, such as flights, hotel, airport pick up/drop off.
- Arranging regular maintenance of electrical equipment and safety devices.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High School diploma is required while a University degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of general work experience with at least two (2) years of related experience is required.
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally-funded programs.
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated logistical issues.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the languages spoken in North West and North Central Nigeria is preferable.
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: [email protected]
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and Resume / CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.