Fenix International is a next-generation energy company. Our mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Solar, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable instalments starting under $0.17 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a unique credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans and open up a wider world of energy and financing for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Telesales Officer (Engie Energy Access)
Department: Customer Experience
Reporting to: HG
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
- Engie Energy Access is looking for bright, highly motivated and disciplined Telesales officer. They will be expected to provide excellent customer service to all Engie Energy Access customers or potential customers on social media and other online channels, employ telesales methods to close sales from potential customers from online channels, market storms and activations and track leads to conversion of online leads customer funnel.
- Maintain accurate call logs and accurate reporting and qualify leads
- Close Quality Sales
- Ensure the correct and right customer education is given to all potential customers.
- Ensure customer records are stored on DB and data confidentiality is observed throughout the customer application process.
- Build repeat sales through strong customer relationships, rather than using high-pressure sales techniques.
Deliverables and Activities:
- Conduct follow-up calls with new and recent customers, in line with Engie Energy Access’ guidelines and policies.
- Conduct Outbound Calls to new or existing upselling customers.
- Prove commercial and financial awareness of product bundles in completing assigned tasks.
- Complete assigned tasks in line with applicable policies, guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Seek opportunities to learn and develop within Engie Energy Access and through training.
- Analyse the sales funnel: Identifying potentiality of outbound and inbound calls, and where they are in the sales funnel.
Required Skills & Experience
- An OND / HND / Bachelor's degree from a recognized institution
- 1 year of experience in a telesales related role.
- Proven track record of going above and beyond to get the job done
- Excellent verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with many different types of people
- A person that does not give up after facing challenges
- A person eager to grow and learn
- Commercial acumen and ability to sell
- Capacity to innovate and create new sales and marketing processes
- Ability to build relationships and work in a fast-growing start-up environment
- Drive to make every sale an excellent customer experience
- Self-starter with a passion for the Engie Energy Access vision to plug in the world
- Ikorodu resident or willing to relocate
Highly Desired Skills:
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Passionate about solving problems for customers in rural communities
- Proficiency in English Language and 1 or more other Nigerian Languages
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem-solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Flexibility with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Willingness and desire to learn new ideas
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or . Our differences are our strengths!