Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Logistics Assistant
Location: Kogi State MOH, Nigeria
Reports to: Compliance and Risk Manager, Nigeria Country Office
Responsible for: Programmes Finance and Logistics, Kogi MoH
Job Holder: To be recruited
Contract: 15 months
Overall Purpose and Responsibilities
The overall purpose and function of the job:
- The Finance and Logistics Assistant Officer (F&LA) will work to enhance the quality of the finance administration and management for Kogi MoH.
- The officer will be responsible for financial and logistics oversight of the Kogi MoH programmes, maintaining consolidated programmes accounts, cash flow management and payment processes.
- This resource will work closely with the Compliance & Risk Manager and implementing partners to ensure the financial principles of the contract are complied with and that proper accounting records are maintained for reporting to Sightsavers.
- The position will plan and support the delivery of supplies and the application of an efficient commodity and logistics system for the programmes in accordance with donor requirements.
Principal Accountabilities (Specific Activities and End Results)
Financial Management (50% of time):
- Ensure financial control and managing risk
- Ensure conformity to the policies and procedures of the contract with specific emphasis on:
- Financial Management & Controls
- Financial Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Financial Monitoring & Audits
- Monitor and Retain financial record
- Verify claims by programme implementers and recommend for payment
- Ensure compliance to local regulations and governance requirements
Programme Logistics (40%):
- Implement and maintain vehicle, fleet logistics and movement protocols, including vehicle maintenance, fleet documentation, pre-travel authorization, travel insurance and vehicle and equipment protocols
- Tracking, monitoring and inventory analysis of the programmes and supplies employing the use of monitoring tools, spread sheets and data bases.
Programme Management (10%):
- Support, administer and strengthen financial management, accountability and capacities of partners in accordance with the principles of the contract.
- Develop and provide grant management support
- Ensure proper financial monitoring of partners including audit of funds provided.
- Ensure partners comply with the policies and procedures of the contract and retain appropriate financial and drugs records
Knowledge (Education and Related Experience)
Job holder entry requirements - the essential knowledge, skills and behaviours required:
- University degree (or equivalent) in the relevant field - Accounting or similar area.
- Good level working experience, ideally in an INGO environment but the experience of audit and government organization would also be advantageous
- Experience of financial management of Donor Funds.
Skills (special training or competence):
- Project Financial management and data analysis skills
- Project Logistics management skills
- Excellent communication skills (both oral & written)
- Capacity-building or facilitation skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- IT skill - Proficiency Excel, MS Word, an accounting package and emailing
- Ability to understand and work with project budgets, forecasts and reports.
Sightsavers core behaviours are:
- Change and Improvement
- Communicating and Influencing
- Decision Making
- Team Working
- Planning and Organising
- Delivery and Implementation
Plus, we would expect the following:
- Interpersonal and intercultural sensitivity
- High degree of integrity
- Active listener
- Programme Officer at the state
- Programmes & M & E Officer at the state
- Compliance and Risk Manager
- Finance Manager
- Programme Manager
- Director Programme Operations
- Country Director
- Ministry of Health Kogi state
- External Auditors
- Other Partners
- Other Non-Government agencies
Local Terms & Conditions apply
Application Closing Date
26th November, 2020.